Lloyds Trustcard customers only have weeks to spend their points ahead of reward shake-up - MSE News

Options

Comments

• happyandcontented
    Options
    I have had a Loyds card for over 40 years and never even thought about using the points! How do I find out how many I have accrued? I probably have thousands!!

I have never received a letter from them regarding this scheme and the card has not been referred to as Trustcard for years AFAIK.

Is there a contact number specifically for the above scheme?
  • Ben8282
    Ben8282 Posts: 4,821 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Newshound!
    edited 21 November 2019 at 6:17PM
    Options
    I have had a Loyds card for over 40 years and never even thought about using the points! How do I find out how many I have accrued? I probably have thousands!!

I have never received a letter from them regarding this scheme and the card has not been referred to as Trustcard for years AFAIK.

Is there a contact number specifically for the above scheme?
    Then you don't have a Trustcard as the account would have been opened as a Lloyds Bank Access card which subsequently would have become a mastercard and would never have been referred to as a Trustcard. Trustcard was a Trustee Savings Bank (TSB) product with which Lloyds would only have become associated with at the time of the 1999 Lloyds/TSB merger.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Ben8282 wrote: »
    Then you don't have a Trustcard as the account would have been opened as a Lloyds Bank Access card which subsequently would have become a mastercard and would never have been referred to as a Trustcard. Trustcard was a Trustee Savings Bank (TSB) product with which Lloyds would only have become associated with at the time of the 1999 Lloyds/TSB merger.

No, I definitely did have Trustcard as I was a TSB customer before it became Lloyds.
  • Ben8282
    edited 21 November 2019 at 9:56PM
    Options
    No, I definitely did have Trustcard as I was a TSB customer before it became Lloyds.
    Then you havn't had a Lloyds card for over 40 years then have you?
    You say 'did' have a Trustcard. Past tense. Does that mean you no longer have a Trustcard but have swapped it for another type of card?
  • jonesMUFCforever
    Options

If you had this particular card the thread is talking about then the points accrued would have shown on every statement you received.
    If there is no mention of points on there you have a different type of card.
  • happyandcontented
    Options
    Then you havn't had a Lloyds card for over 40 years then have you?
    You say 'did' have a Trustcard. Past tense. Does that mean you no longer have a Trustcard but have swapped it for another type of card?

I have banked with what is now Lloyds for over 40 years, it was previously TSB when I opened my account and my card was definitely a Trustcard. I now have a Platinum card with them but never asked to change it and I just assumed that it had morphed from Trustcard to this card. I wasn't aware they still existed.
    If you had this particular card the thread is talking about then the points accrued would have shown on every statement you received.
    If there is no mention of points on there you have a different type of card.

I assume I must do, although as I said it wasn't a choice I made.
  • Ben8282
    Options
    I really can't see that they would have changed your card type without you asking to exchange it for a different type of card.
    So what now? You want to pursue a complaint/obtain compensation because they changed your card type without your knowledge and consent thereby depriving you of the points?
  • Puffer
    Puffer Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I really can't see that they would have changed your card type without you asking to exchange it for a different type of card.
    So what now? You want to pursue a complaint/obtain compensation because they changed your card type without your knowledge and consent thereby depriving you of the points?

It is by no means unusual for one credit card to be replaced by another at the issuer's instigation (and without consultation) because either: (a) a particular card has terms or other features which are no longer appropriate; or (b) the issuer (or its card department) has been taken over. This has happened to me on numerous occasions over the years and the 'new' card may have better or worse features or benefits than its predecessor.
  • happyandcontented
    Options

Cant you? I must clearly be telling lies then?:rotfl:

Just because something is outside your sphere of knowledge or experience doesn't mean it hasn't/doesn't happen. You are aware of that?

As for your last point where have I indicated that? I merely wondered how many points I must have accrued over the years and how I might find that out.

Fortunately, I really don't need either the points or any compensation but don't let reality intrude onto your unfounded assumptions!!
  • Aurora12
    Options
    .... so much for having 48 months in which to use the points (earned from years of LOYAL custom) before they expire! Lloyds have suddenly now decided to give customers between 7 weeks and a MAX. of just 3 months (notice) in which to USE them or LOSE them! Completely unacceptable!
    i.e.they DIDN'T even give customers their own stated minimum 2 months notice (per THEIR T&C's) of their intended changes.
    Lloyds should be ashamed of themselves if this goes ahead! Like the PPI mis-selling debacle, not only will it cost (their CUSTOMERS ultimately!) in money and time spent processing all the complaints regarding this, they will also lose lots of loyal, long term customers.
    They could sort this out very easily and quickly by allowing their customers' points to be converted to, and redeemed under, their NEW cashback scheme BUT at the equivalent of the EXISTING 1% benefit, rather than the reduced 0.5%. It just feels like outright THEFT by Lloyds Banking Group!
    Lloyds claim they DON'T KNOW and can't even informl customers how many of their points were earned pre-Sept.' 15.[so that they could choose to use them by 1/12/19]. No doubt the "computer" would know how many to drop from the system come 1/12/19!
    For those former TSB customers who were "switched" to Lloyds years ago, Lloyds, then, NEVER NOTIFIED their customers AT ALL when they REMOVED the original Cashback facility (on purchase of other Lloyds products) at the point they changed to the current scheme.
    When I eventually found out, the 3 agents I spoke to had NO KNOWLEDGE of - and couldn't be bothered to find out for me, when that change had taken place!
    Not only have Lloyds not learnerd from their previous bad press, it seems their sole aim is GREED, whatever the cost - very shortsighted!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback