New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH
FOREIGN OFFICE TRAVEL ADVICE * FURLOUGH UPDATE * MORTGAGE LENDING

Unfair Redundancy - Part Time

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Redundancy & Redundancy Planning
12 replies 2.4K views
MCo28MCo28 Forumite
7 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Redundancy & Redundancy Planning
I have been made redundant today from my part time role. I was employed on a job share 2 days a week Thursday and Friday (other person did Monday to Wednesday) and my employer decided that they wanted someone that could do 5 days a week (either full time or part time am and pm split).

Neither me nor my job share colleague could do the new hours due to childcare so we have both been made redundant.

I have found out that a few hours later they gave the job to another colleague on a full time basis but the same job.

Do I have grounds for unfair dismissal/redundancy? I think I have from doing research but unsure of what to put in the initial letter to my employer appealing it. If anyone can help that’d be great! Thanks :)

Replies