edited 26 October 2019 at 6:11AM in Old Style MoneySaving
13 replies 1.2K views
nmlcnmlc Forumite
4.3K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 26 October 2019 at 6:11AM in Old Style MoneySaving
O/S Daily Saturday 26 October 2019

This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Morning everyone

Hugs to those that want/need them, those who are poorly and those who are looking after a poorly person x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Still dark, not so blustery as in the night, damp underfoot and getting cooler - rain forecast for today too.

DH watching catchup tv with a cuppa, I'm showered, dressed and enjoying my porridge and cuppa whilst on here, I want to get into town first thing so I can get back and watch the rugby. DS2 settled and ok.

Dinner last night was breaded chicken portions, chips and beans for the menfolk, I had fishcakes and veg. Tonight will be chicken enchilades, skinny chips and coleslaw.

Yesterday I was reasonably productive, I got the remaining washing done, ironing, made a phone call and also did some household admin.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB

Replies

• TravellingAbuelaTravellingAbuela Forumite
    5.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning folks and thanks NMLC. It's supposed to be chucking it down here but it isn't! No doubt the rain will be back again soon though!

I am debating about a bus ride somewhere today as they are long days and evenings when I am stuck in all day by myself. It needs to be somewhere that doesn't involve much walking when I get there so the thinking cap is on. As we don't have much choice when it comes to longer distance buses it's only a small cap!

I have just got some M & S lemon sole goujons out of the freezer for later. I'll pop in the oven with hm wedges and add a bit of salad on the side.

Have a good day folks if you can and ((HUGS)) for the poorlies. Especially DUMPLING. Take care xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • camelot1001camelot1001 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning All

I've had a great nights sleep, raring to go this morning.

The bedding is just about to finish in the WM so will hang that out although it's quite cold but looks to be dry. Another load to go in when I've had a shower.

Sorry you're in so much pain RR, must be horrid, does the Dr know what it is?
    Same with you TA, hope you find somewhere nice to go today.
    Well done on the freezer shuffle Gers, hope you find a cleaner soon.

I'm going over to DDs this morning, we'll take Sophie out for a walk to clear the cobwebs. Apart from that nothing much planned.

Have a good weekend, take care. XX
  • GersGers Forumite
    9.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning folks.

These last few minutes under the duvet are irresistible on cold dark mornings. It'll get slightly better when the clocks go back tonight, though I'm not keen on the dark evenings either.

Today is back to the shopping and tea tray setting routine. I have to buy three different cakes to satisfy the needs of DM and her friend. Not that DM eats much but she likes to give her friends a choice.

Think I've decided on one company for the cleaning. It charges a small monthly fee on top of the very reasonable cost of the cleaner. I've emailed back to ask them to do a visit. It seems to be an off shoot of a company based in Edinburgh.

TA - enjoy your trip. Can't let the pain keep you prisoner.

Camelot - I hope that DD is brighter today.

My thoughts are to everyone struggling. Happy Saturday to all.
  • Hard_Up_HesterHard_Up_Hester Forumite
    4.6K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all

Thanks for the thread nmlc and hugs to all those in need.

It's very wet and windy here, the water levels are high and the ground is littered with bits of tree.
    Steve had an ENT appointment yesterday about his dizziness but nothing specific he was told to up his medication that's all.

Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • ancientofdaysancientofdays Forumite
    2.9K Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning and thank you for starting the thread nmlc.

We have pouring rain, flood warnings though not specifically here, a garden full of wet leaves and then, from tomorrow, it is meant to be sunny. I think I'm staying in today though!

OH is doing the weekly shop and I'm just pootling about, an activity which I plan to do for a lot of the day. If it does stop raining I might go and take leaves but it isn't looking very positive.

Thinking of those who are struggling.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • GintotmelindaGintotmelinda Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all very wet here and looks set for the day. DH and a friend are off to Taunton to visit a model railway exnibition. They treated themselves to the local taxi to the station and are currently having breakfast in the spoons there.

TA enjoy your oiting and Camelot your walk with Sophie. Gers glad you have found a cleaner. HH have a hug, it's very wet here too. Dumpling thinking of you.

Well have a good day folks.

Gintot
    "It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world"
  • snoozersnoozer Forumite
    3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just watching the rugby, come on England!

I spent yesterday sewing, embroidering on 40 pillowcases (only an address so nothing complicated). Just the sheets, duvet covers and towels to do! Laura also wants me to sew some liners for some crates she got to go on the baby's changing table. Due date tomorrow but I think it will come and go without news.

I need to go to the supermarket and we need to walk Ziggy but it looks as if it will be a wet walk.
  • redrubyredruby Forumite
    7.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning all

Sunny and blowy here we are meant to get rain later for the rest of the day the
    washing will have to go in the td again.

Camelot they 'think' my foot problem is plantar fasciitis but I have not actually had a diagnosis yet, the severity of this can change from person to person but the pain is like nothing I have felt before, as Taff said every footstep you take is like someone is taking multiple scalpels to your foot and cutting it over and over !! its horrid. Enjoy your walk with Sophie xx

Will do the downstairs housework today and OH will do upstairs, he is then going to go shopping so that I can rest my foot, the pain has got about 50% better with resting it but I know it will just come back as soon as I am back at work.

I need to sit and do a menu plan and a shopping list for OH otherwise we will end up with loads of sweets and crisps for the week and nothing else !

TA I do hope you get some relief from your leg pain, its exhausting being in constant pain xx

Have good days all xx
  • csarina2csarina2 Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its like a winters day here, very low grey cloud and raining, we have the light on in the sitting room, can hardly see a thing.

Have lamb out to do a casserole for tonights supper, will finish off the cabbage I got last week, Also need to take tomorrows chicken out of the freezer.

Had a bit of a lie in this morning, I do find it hard to get out of bed some mornings.

The clocks go back tonight, so an extra hour tomorrow morning and really into the dark night, thank heavens its not long until it starts getting lighter in the evening. I hate the dark nights.

Dumpling I hope things are going well for you and you are beginning to feel better.
    Target figure £5,500/£4213.77
  • -taff-taff Forumite
    12.9K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morning all..Sister is watching the rugby at her hotel [ we don't have a TV, only internet stuff] then she's coming here and we will shop till we drop. Re-organising the shelves has meant the spices took the space hit, so I need to put a shelf up now, so hopefully can get some suitable wood today, and I should be able to find some brackets in my DIY stash.
    I also want to put a little bar up to one side of the fire for the companion set to hang instead of sit on the floor [ it gets really dusty and ashy and I hate cleaning it.

AOD, enjoy your pootling [that made me smile] TA, might as well get out while you can [dark nights!] HH, I'd be so worried, t's hard not to be though because sometimes, every little thing seems like a prelude to a big thing...Gers, do you have any fancy patisseries there? cmelot, well done on the sleep :) gintot, what are you going to be up to while the mice are away?...snoozer, I hope they don't move! redruby, the trouble with it as well is that there are so many treatments, and you have to keep trying them to find one that works, or if you do find one, it only works for so long etc...I hope yours can be sorted with the injection...csarina, happy cooking!!
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS