Options
2»

Comments

• japitts
    japitts Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    marlot wrote: »
    Have a look at plusnet to see if any of their plans suit you better. Runs on EE.

In exactly the same way as Virgin Mobile, Asda Mobile, 1p-Mobile and a few others.

Runs on EE also doesn't mean the same service/coverage as EE. Substantially the same, but not identical.
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can you explain how much you paid a month on your old plan and what you received for that in terms of data/minutes/texts. You're likely to get a much better deal now, if you think back 20 years, was data even a thing back then. :D

I'm sure you can get a deal just as cheap and reduce your stress levels at the same time.

If you need international calling, download the Vyke app (or similar) and call rates are very cheap. I used this during a recent holiday to call back to the UK from outside of the EU and it cost something like 1p a minute. The line was super clear too.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    TomSir wrote: »
    Hi,
    Thanks for the replies.
    i expected EE to replace the SIM and let me carry on with my old T-Mobile account. Yes, a SIM is only an identifier for an account, I am sure they could give me the same again, the SIM I was using was an EE SIM, I think it would be just a matter of assigning the SIM to my account. correct me if I am wrong. I think they are definitely taking advantage of my situation to force me on to another plan/tariff.

As a customer I think they have been unfair they could have easily supplied me with a new SIM and connect this to my old account.

Unfortunately what you expect and what you (can) get are two entirely different things. Customers on legacy tariffs of all kinds of products tend to get the raw end of deals, and can in 99% of cases be better off on a newer tariff, particularly now we're in an era of Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, SkyPE and things like that, all things that allow you to make international calls pretty much for free (in certain circumstances) and being able to see those you're calling too.

Considering that the issue started when your phone was stolen, then I could argue you should have been more careful with where you use it and then we wouldn't be having this conversation. But we are where we are and as I said, it's not EE's fault your phone was pinched.
  • esuhl
    esuhl Posts: 9,409 Forumite
    Options
    Neil_Jones wrote: »
    Considering that the issue started when your phone was stolen, then I could argue you should have been more careful with where you use it and then we wouldn't be having this conversation. But we are where we are and as I said, it's not EE's fault your phone was pinched.

What on earth has this got to do with the OP's phone being stolen? They're not asking EE for a free phone! They're asking for a replacement SIM -- something that virtually every mobile network provides for free!

I'm still using my BT Cellnet SIM card from about 2000, which came with a life-long contract that only I can terminate. Doesn't cost me a penny.
  • Neil49
    Neil49 Posts: 3,084 Forumite
    Options
    My wife is with T Mobile and I recently had to contact EE to get a nano sim for her new phone (the existing sim wasn't a multi size card).

I asked for a multi sized replacement but the person I spoke to said that they didn't do those for T Mobile and that I would have to have a nano sim that would be specifically for T Mobile and not EE.

The sim that arrived was marked T Mobile (rather than EE) and this was less than 2 months ago so appears to contradict what they said to the OP (unless I had the last one!).

She now gets a monthly statement through the post showing all her usage since the online TMobile accounting system closed down. The letter is headed up with EE!
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    esuhl wrote: »
    They're asking for a replacement SIM -- something that virtually every mobile network provides for free!

But not on the terms the OP wants, which is on a tariff that no longer exists and it sounds like they can't reactivate an offer that was inherited.
    I'm still using my BT Cellnet SIM card from about 2000, which cae with a life-long contract that only I can terminate. Doesn't cost me a penny.

Good for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport