Comments

• Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,174 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 20 October 2019 at 12:34PM
    Options
    SHAFT wrote: »
    What lie about liability?

Why would I incrimate myself to the insurance company and third party with video evidence, just provide written facts and let insurance decide.
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Marvel1 wrote: »
    Why would I incrimate myself to the insurance company and third party with video evidence, just provide written facts and let them decide.
    Fraud by failure to disclose?
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    comeandgo wrote: »
    His speed is your opinion, nothing factual to prove or otherwise. You came out in front of him, fact.
    Other than 2x damaged bumpers as the only apparent damage. Which suggests his speed - at least at impact - wasn't all that excessive!
  • adonis
    adonis Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Joe_Horner wrote: »
    Other than 2x damaged bumpers as the only apparent damage. Which suggests his speed - at least at impact - wasn't all that excessive!

There might be a 195 yard skid mark while he was braking though.;)
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    Options
    adonis wrote: »
    Hmmm... Highway Code stopping distance is 96m from 70mph, so...
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,232 Forumite
    Options
    Hardly. Even at 60mph (unlikely, as it's probably twice the limit) he should have been able to stop in less than half that distance. And if he hadn't braked the OP would have had at least six seconds to get out of the way.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jimbo6977 wrote: »
    Of course you don't have to give way to all vehicles to the right not yet on roundabout. Otherwise you'd have to stop for a vehicle to the right even where it was already giving way to another vehicle to its own right. Or to vehicles hundreds of yards away.

Try stopping at a busy mini Rab in rushour in strict compliance with the idea of giving way to anything and everything to your right and relax in the warm smug glow as chaos reigns around you.

Sorry but I have to agree with them, I don't think you understand the concept of giving way. It just means you didn't cause the other road user to alter their speed or course due to your presence. It doesn't mean you need to wait for them to pass before you can proceed.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • mattyprice4004
    Options
    jimbo6977 wrote: »
    Of course you don't have to give way to all vehicles to the right not yet on roundabout. Otherwise you'd have to stop for a vehicle to the right even where it was already giving way to another vehicle to its own right. Or to vehicles hundreds of yards away.

Try stopping at a busy mini Rab in rushour in strict compliance with the idea of giving way to anything and everything to your right and relax in the warm smug glow as chaos reigns around you.

I really hope you’re not a driver near me.
  • Joe_Horner
    Joe_Horner Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Well, I got the funny even if a couple of others didn't :rotfl:
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    on a painted on mini roundabout, for a vehicle to hit the other car at the rear of its bumper the other car would have been pretty far into the roundabout and visible long enough to react.

You have to do these roundabouts super slow, 5-10mph slow. So IMHO the dominos driver saw you on the roundabout but couldn't slow down quick enough because they were driving at speed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure