PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Was meant to exchange contracts today, runined by ever increasing chain :(

Options
13»

Comments

• xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have 2 hyperactive labradors.

A stay in kennels? Advertise for someone to look after the dogs for the period it takes your sale to complete?
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,925 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Can you not temporarily move into your mom's for a couple of weeks whilst the sale continues and ask good friends if they can assist for a few weeks with your dog's?

Or could you move to your mom's, your girlfriend move to yours while the sale carries on and look after the dogs? After all she will have to get used to living with them 24/7.

Are you buying or renting when you move? If renting you will need to start looking sooner rather than later as not all landlords accept pets.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    xylophone wrote: »
    A stay in kennels? Advertise for someone to look after the dogs for the period it takes your sale to complete?

Or could your girlfriend move into your current home and look after the dogs whilst you move in with your mum until the sale goes through? Not ideal I know but if your GF tenancy is up in 2 weeks it could solve at least two immediate issues and allow you to stay with your mum temporarily.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• capital0ne
    Options
    Auction - done and dusted in 2 weeks and you may get more! - Homes Under The Hammer - Or you may get less
  • indielad1010
    Options
    I could move to my mum's for a couple of weeks, but likesay I've lost some confidence in the chain and forever asking friends to look after needy dogs for an undetermined period isn't going to make me popular. My girlfriend can't look after my dogs where I live now, as it's too far for ger to commute.She lives 80 miles away, but only works 25 miles from my mother's. I am buying a house with no chain there, of course there's a small chance my vendor might get spooked by me forever revising exchanging contract dates.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It was my purchaser's and their purchaser's suggested date to exchange contracts today, it wasn't mine.

Once matters get closer to a conclusion then solicitors will focus their efforts on finalising matters. The fact that you are very close suggests it will be concluded in a matter of a few days.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    of course there's a small chance my vendor might get spooked by me forever revising exchanging contract dates.

Doubt it. They'll be informed as to what's going on. In the broader view a couple of working days is neither here nor here.
  • indielad1010
    indielad1010 Posts: 44 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 October 2019 at 10:12PM
    Options
    As an update, it turns out my first time buyer at the bottom of the chain, is actually selling a shared ownership property to obtain equity for her deposit, the exchange date today was what her solictors had suggested and agreed on.
  • correll
    correll Posts: 76 Forumite
    Options
    we had a cash buyer who had funds and still applied for a mortgage 6 weeks in!! Trust no-one to tell the truth
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I would suggest girlfriend starts working on a back up plan if things take longer than her notice period. Can she temporarily stay with friends, move somewhere as a (hopefully) short term lodger or even move in with your mum for a short period if you are unable to due to your dogs?
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family