Damaged Stroller Turkish Airlines

Options
2»

Comments

• Arkadia
    Options
    Caz3121, we actually had a buggy bag from Turkish Airlines - but that got a bit torn and this way the damage happened.
  • sal_III
    sal_III Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Couple of years ago, when we found our buggy all mangled upon landing at Palma de Majorca we immediately notified the baggage handling agent and were provided with a cheap loaner buggy to tie us over the 1 week holiday and a contact number plus reference number for our claim.

We called the next day and eventually got a new replacement (although a different colour) delivered couple of days after we came back to the UK. It was rather expensive model too. We had zero issues with the process.

I really don't understand how you didn't complaint immediately at the airport if the damage was so severe. It takes couple of minutes, which is nothing in the grand scheme of time spend at the airport.

I'm fairly sure that the interpretation of when the 7 days deadline beings is written in the T&C of the airline. If you have breached the deadline, there isn't really much you can do pursuing that angle. Your best option is to check your travel insurance, although I suspect even if you are still within the claim window the excess would too high to make a claim worth it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure