IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

CST LAW - heads up

Options
BrownTrout
BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
edited 14 October 2019 at 1:38PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Heads up!
CST which is a trading name of credit style limited which are in the same group as DRP...... (which i didnt know until 5 minutes ago)
The LBC/LBA's they are sending out are genuine and they are going to be issuing claims, i have got this from the horses mouth... (the solicitor who is listed on the Law society website)

Comments

• mas4rr
    mas4rr Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    My dear friend has just received a letter from C S T Law based in Sheffield, This letter is headed "Unpaid Debt- Reminder Notice" the Claimant is; CP Plus Ltd, and they are asking to him to contact to settle with DRP quoting a reference number.
    He say that he thinks it's a scam as he knows absolutely nothing about this claim that he thinks might be a parking charge on a private car park. He is catching his head on this.
    Any advise, as he thinks he should just ignore it?
  • BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    He would be wise to send a SAR to CP PLUS/DRP
    He must not ignore any claim form.....
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 14 October 2019 at 8:46PM
    Options
    mas4rr wrote: »
    My dear friend has just received a letter from C S T Law based in Sheffield, This letter is headed "Unpaid Debt- Reminder Notice" the Claimant is; CP Plus Ltd, and they are asking to him to contact to settle with DRP quoting a reference number.
    He say that he thinks it's a scam as he knows absolutely nothing about this claim that he thinks might be a parking charge on a private car park. He is catching his head on this.

He needs to come here directly on his own thread with all the details. Relying on a third party (no matter how well intentioned) leads only to Chinese whispers and the danger of things going horribly wrong, especially as CST are seemingly new players in this game, so your knowledge of them, how they will operate in this environment, and how dangerous they are, at the moment, is little better than ours
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,429 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mas4rr wrote: »

The advice to ignore has not been given here since the law changed in 2012. Ignoring is very bad out of date advice.

Your friend should sign up to MSE then read the sticky thread for NEWBIES before appealing, although it sounds like it may now be beyond the appeal stage.

If your friend needs more help then they should start their own thread in order to get bespoke advice.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    My dear friend has just received a letter from C S T Law based in Sheffield, This letter is headed "Unpaid Debt- Reminder Notice" the Claimant is; CP Plus Ltd
    CP Plus would have been one of the 4 easiest to beat just with one email at the start.

CP Plus, Highview, Smart and APCOA are the PPCs I would describe as the easiest to beat by not saying who was driving. Such an easy scam to beat.

CP Plus would have cancelled within a week.

So why not respond to this LBC, with the recipient pointing out that CP Plus have not used the POFA wording in their NTK and have failed to show any evidence of who was driving, so they have no cause of action against a registered keeper and you will counter-claim if they waste your time trying ?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Tracy098
    Options
    Hi, I have received a letter from CST Law. The letter starts with Dear Mrs.. and then in bold letters says our client Euro Car parks Ltd
    Account number 
    Amount Overdue £290.00
    We have been instructed regarding outstanding account...
    When I first received the fine over a year ago a friend advised me to ignore it . I received several letters and demands which I ignored. 
    Do I need to pay this ? 
    Thanks Tracy 
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 26 June 2020 at 9:27AM
    Options
    No , not unless a judge says so , in court

Your friend is a fool , please ignore the fool !! They won't pay this for you

Email a SAR to the DPO at ECP with copies of 2 recent redacted utility bills as proof of I D under the GDPR law

Reply to the LBC stating that they should put the matter on hold pending your SAR reply and you are seeking debt management advice

In future , do not ignore a PCN

A loss in court is typically about £200 , not £290

This has already been discussed this week in this thread

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6161354/lbc-from-cst-law-on-behalf-of-drp/p1

Please read it

• bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tracy098 said:
    When I first received the fine over a year ago a friend advised me to ignore it . I received several letters and demands 
    Who was this so-called friend? Lord Reed, President of the Supreme Court? A sitting District Judge? A Barrister or qualified solicitor? Or just some bloke in a pub?

It amazes me that people are still giving this sort of advice which is now 7+ years out of date, and that some people are so gullible that they believe it.

No doubt when the guys from Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away come to remove your TV, your 'friend' will buy you a new one.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,506 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    This appears to be an information only thread yet two motorists have posted their cases on it,  mas4rr and Tracy098, can they please start their own threads, I get confused very easily.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,459 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    How can one PCN be £290?

Tracy, you can get a copy of the PCN by SAR to Euro Car Parks (as shown in the NEWBIES thread if you search it for the acronym SAR) then complain to whichever landowner/retailer is there - maybe it's a Sainsburys one?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure