We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Sealed Pot Challenge!!

1…3637394142…664

Comments

  • Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

    On the challenge side of things...my money bags have disappeared :( I only have three! and lots of change to count before I can start my challenge properly. Most disappointing.

    Will temporaily find another pot 'til I have got some bags from the bank on Monday.

    Tea
    x
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Congratulations mumzy. I ended up with over £60 out of my pots before I started again. The other £8 was in bits so I couldn't change them up yet. I am going to be really disciplined this year, no dipping in to the pots.....

    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • doodledo_2
    doodledo_2 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Congratulations fantastic news :D
    Proud to be dealing with my debts - DFW No: 712

    03/09/09 - DEBT FREE AT LAST :D
    Racing Hypno to Save - £10/£5000
  • Congratulations from me too, mumzyof2:j

    With another bundle of joy on the way you'll certainly need all you can save!

    Take care of yourself
    Imp x
  • Congratulations mumzy!! You'll have to change your username now.

    Did you know there's a pregnancy board over at the Families and Moneysavingboards? Looking forward to seeing you there!
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,413 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Congrats mumzy!!

    I've decided to weigh my pot every monday, as thats when I weigh myself for my weight loss challenge. I've already got a nice healthy handful of coins in my temp pot, a collegue donated some coppers last night!!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

    EF Challenger #3 £1543.72 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £1300.00 / £10,000

    MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
    Mortgage at 01/04/24 £104,424.73 | Mortgage at 01/10/24 £103,594.98
  • ruby6kids
    ruby6kids Posts: 554 Forumite
    Congratulations Mumzy!, hope it all goes easy!!
    :T Thanks to all lovely MSE'rs - you are great friends :T
  • spud30
    spud30 Posts: 16,872 Forumite
    Congratulations Mumzy :beer:
    Is it better to aim for the stars and hit a tree or aim for a tree and land in its branches :think:
    Loves being a Wonderbra friend :kisses3:
  • Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 7,293 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Congrats mumzy!!

    I've decided to weigh my pot every monday, as thats when I weigh myself for my weight loss challenge. I've already got a nice healthy handful of coins in my temp pot, a collegue donated some coppers last night!!

    I don't know if I'm organised enough for a regular weekly weigh-in for Phil, but I'll be updating his weight each time I update my signature. Phil's just small change as I'm being extra cash-conscious. I like to know mine's in the bank getting interest and nobody can toudh it who isn't supposed to touch it... or maybe I really am paranoid? :o
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

    Original Frugal living challenge was living on £4000, but that's now equivalent to £6,845.15

    Now frugalling towards retirement.
  • Can I join too please. I came back from Barcelona with a big sealed money box (a Terramundi?) and have started to put my change into it. My first challenge!!!!! And congratulations Mumzy, it's lovely news.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.