We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Help with Credit Rating (18 Years Old)

2»

Comments

  • Last question, sorry if it sounds silly but I’m assuming as long as I pay everything on time with the credit card, I won’t receive any charges

    So for example if I spend £5 on the credit card at a supermarket, if I pay it back at the end of the month, I’ll only pay £5 and that’s it?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    As long as it's a purchase and not classed as a cash transaction, that's correct.
  • So as long as I am just using my card contactless or putting it in the card machine, I’ll be fine?

    What would be classed as a cash-transaction other than withdrawing cash from a cash machine?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,383 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Gambling, buying foreign currencies, sometimes charity donations...
  • Alright, thank you everyone for the help, I’ll apply for the credit card now :)
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.