We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
If, hypothetically, you opened up a new, let's say basic bank account, at your mum's address...
Comments
-
@TurningANewLeaf
I have to say, you DO sound extremely like another member here. You even quote the same reading lists...Maybe you are a twin...or a doppelganger...I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.
I love my job
0 -
TurningANewLeaf wrote: »I was just asking as a matter of interest as I couldn't find the answer on google. As for the other poster who you say I sound similar to.... must be a bloody good poster then, and an asset to this community, right? But no, I promise you this is my one and only account.
Of course there’s no answer in Google.
Because it’s not right that’s why!0 -
there is all sorts of data available to the CRAs that will link you back up - have you ever registered to forward mail when you move house? All that sort of information goes into the mix.
No. I mean no self-respecting "bury-their-head-in-the-sand-debt-avoider" wants to see those red letters from their old address coming back through their door!0 -
TurningANewLeaf wrote: »No. I mean no self-respecting "bury-their-head-in-the-sand-debt-avoider" wants to see those red letters from their old address coming back through their door!
And now you’ll wonder why no one wants to help or believe you going forwards.
Exactly like your other account.0 -
The bank will ask during the application for six years address history. If you fail to disclose an address with debt at it in your name then you will end up with a CIFAS warning against you for the next six years. Game over. You can't cheat the system, banks know what they are doing and have procedures in place for any scam you can think of as you won't be the first to do so.0
-
And now you’ll wonder why no one wants to help or believe you going forwards.
Exactly like your other account.
I was speaking purely from the point of view from the 'old me'. The 'old me' was weak, he used to hide from things, he buried his head in the sand. The 'new me' is coming out swinging and cleaning up HOUSE baby!
Then eventually, when things are sorted, hopefully not too far away, maybe 3-6 months, I will have hit an equilibrium, I can settle down, get a house, be responsible, and be a bit more like you (except maybe minus the condescending, patronising, sanctimonious tone you occasionally exhibit).0 -
Which old account do we think the poster is, if you don’t mind me asking?0
-
It just has to be xlnc99 who is turning over the new leafDavy_Jones_II wrote: »Which old account do we think the poster is, if you don’t mind me asking?
I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.
I love my job
0 -
Willing2Learn wrote: »It just has to be xlnc99 who is turning over the new leaf

That’s one of them.
There was another one or two but I think they got banned.0 -
No you wouldn't have a 'fresh new credit report'.
Your name, date of birth and various other databases/sources will link you and flag up.
Yes it would be fraud, they can easily find out. I see people often trying it. They get caught and typically an obvious decline and get a CIFAS marker for it.
You'll get put on the CIFAS register for 6 years... For the false address history and not disclosing an address with adverse history.
If for any reason you get approved for credit, then in the aftermath they find out from any later checks or searches somehow - you'll still get a CIFAS marker for it then and the whatever facility it is likely closed / withdrawn.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
