🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

The Bones

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Pinch, punch first day of the month.

Had a fairly productive day yesterday, I got some washing done which wasn't on my list and I blitzed upstairs minus washing the bathroom floor.

I went to the bank to pay in my change to find out that they only take 10 bags at a time per day. So I'll have to go back today and tomorrow :rotfl:

DD went trick or treating last night dressed as Wednesday Addams, apparently it's not cool for your mum to take you, so I was ditched in favour of her friends from the Close. She came back with a good haul and a smile on her face 2 hours later. Photo posted on Instagram :)

I read my book last night, 3 chapters left to go. I really wanted to finish it last night but I was too tired.

This time next week will be DH's last day with the crap company. I can't wait and neither can he. He's planning on leaving early today.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Forgot to add, I need to update the finances today, it's the first day of the month and a lot will go out that I need to move money over for.

One for this afternoon with a cuppa
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    I saw her photo! Was cracking, was also ditched in favour of 5 of his classmates. One of the boys big sister took them and god love her she looked knackered after it :P xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • another_casualty
    Options
    I too have lots of change around . If I could drive, I'd go to a Sainsburys and other places where you can put all the change into a machine and get cash at the checkout till . Something like that . I'm not 100% sure how it works . I think nationwide only take 5 bags , which put me off .

Good luck to your other half . I would imagine this Monday till the actual Friday will seem slower than brexit . He and yourself will be relieved and in his case ecstatic I'm sure :j
    I too quit my job in a November three years ago. Thankfully I was able to give a weeks notice rather than a month ,due to the annual holidays I saved up .:)
    Have a good weekend ..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

DD and I did another massive shop yesterday. This should cover us until the end of the month, with only top ups needed.

I finally finished my book last night and have another one to start :)

Today looks like this:
    • DD swimming lesson
    • DD poppy appeal with Guides this afternoon
    • Pay remaining change into bank
    • Meal plan
    • Sew on DDs badges

DDs poppy appeal is in tesco, I will see if I can get some Christmas bits to put away while we are there and then grab a coffee while I wait for her to finish.

I need to nip to the veg man today and pick up some bits.

DS has a gym induction this morning.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I'll post a photo on Instagram once I'm done. If you want my Instagram name, let me know x

Yes please :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes please :)

PM sent Hun xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    PM sent Hun xx

Got it thanks :)
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,790 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I'll post a photo on Instagram once I'm done. If you want my Instagram name, let me know x

Me please :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Me please :)

PM sent Hun x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income