»

Tesco announces Clubcard Plus loyalty subscription service - MSE News - Page 8

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE


The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Tesco announces Clubcard Plus loyalty subscription service - MSE News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Food Shopping & Groceries
78 replies 22.6K views
1234568»

Replies

  • edited 11 December 2019 at 5:42AM
    badmemorybadmemory Forumite
    3.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 11 December 2019 at 5:42AM
    Well I have been struggling to find out what the exclusions are to this new clubcard plus. There will obviously be some like lottery (always excluded) pharmacy? alcohol? who knows until you get to the till & don't get the discount you expected.


    Had another look at this. Can't do it anyway as I don't have a fancy expensive phone. As that would cost me more than I can save via this offer I think I will pass!
  • DragonQDragonQ Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmemory wrote: »
    Well I have been struggling to find out what the exclusions are to this new clubcard plus. There will obviously be some like lottery (always excluded) pharmacy? alcohol? who knows until you get to the till & don't get the discount you expected.


    Had another look at this. Can't do it anyway as I don't have a fancy expensive phone. As that would cost me more than I can save via this offer I think I will pass!
    You don't need a fancy expensive phone, just any old smartphone running iOS or Android. Obviously buying a smartphone just for Clubcard Plus will take a while to pay for itself though.
  • nickccnickcc Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    badmemory wrote: »
    Well I have been struggling to find out what the exclusions are to this new clubcard plus. There will obviously be some like lottery (always excluded) pharmacy? alcohol? who knows until you get to the till & don't get the discount you expected.


    Had another look at this. Can't do it anyway as I don't have a fancy expensive phone. As that would cost me more than I can save via this offer I think I will pass!

    Our first plus shop came to £120 and we got £9 discount. I presume products already discounted, such as children's toys etc, aren't included in the 10% discount, similar to the likes of B&Q.
  • DragonQDragonQ Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    nickcc wrote: »
    Our first plus shop came to £120 and we got £9 discount. I presume products already discounted, such as children's toys etc, aren't included in the 10% discount, similar to the likes of B&Q.
    Be aware that different combinations of vouchers work best in certain orders. i.e. it's best to use the "big shop" 10% off before using any other money off vouchers. We used this method with other vouchers we had to get about 50% off some clothes last week.
  • General_GrantGeneral_Grant Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    You don't need a fancy expensive phone, just any old smartphone running iOS or Android. Obviously buying a smartphone just for Clubcard Plus will take a while to pay for itself though.

    For some of us any smartphone is fancy and expensive.
  • nickccnickcc Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    DragonQ wrote: »
    Be aware that different combinations of vouchers work best in certain orders. i.e. it's best to use the "big shop" 10% off before using any other money off vouchers. We used this method with other vouchers we had to get about 50% off some clothes last week.

    We didn't use vouchers just bought children's toys that were already discounted.
  • Big_G_28Big_G_28 Forumite
    1 posts
    10% reward not woking in App
    Since joining the app for 10% has never worked, great for me as i get 10% off every week, i have to go to customer service and get cash back to cover the app not working
  • nickccnickcc Forumite
    2.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Big_G_28 wrote: »
    10% reward not woking in App
    Since joining the app for 10% has never worked, great for me as i get 10% off every week, i have to go to customer service and get cash back to cover the app not working

    I used the app on my phone for the first two big shops, four weeks later the two big shop buttons, which should have returned, had disappeared. When I went into my clubcard plus account it said that my payment method had been terminated, something I certainly hadn't done. I have now used one of my Visa debit cards and the two big shop buttons reappeared so I used one of the big shop buttons this week and it worked ok.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support