Moving into new property - which is best deal...

Options
Were moving into new property in the next week or so and want to have the internet and some decent tv stuff.
Currently in rented property, so not ours to take lol.

Not bothered about a phone, as we both get thousands of free minutes on our mobiles.

I've noticed 02 do BB, but would we need a BT line, which would cost £11 line rental.
Virgin do 2 for £25 etc...

Which is best..................?

Comments

• Cos2k3
    Cos2k3 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Options
    have you looked into the Sky packages?

Avoid Virgin broadband, just read the other posts on here
  • MINANTRA
    Options
    Might be a good idea if this post was merged with the 'switching ISP' thread for more info.

However, if you have a monthly contract with O2, and its available at your local exchange, then O2 is the best deal by far!

Check samknows website to see if O2 have their equipment there, or check their site here http://broadband.o2.co.uk/packages.jsp or call them on 0800 230 0202.

Cheers.
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    02 BB is available at the new property. I'd be paying £7.50 for it anf get free calls etc. but i'd still be paying line rental to BT. Which would take it upto £20 per month. And that's without any TV...
  • MINANTRA
    Options
    Actually it will cost you £18 a month (inc. BT line rental) and thats for Unlimited allowance, FREE connection & set-up charge, 12 month contract, but, they do a 100 day money back guarantee, so if its crap you can swith to another ISP, and coz its still with BT line you wont have to worry about expensive reconnection costs to BT.

If you want TV get Freeview, the box is as cheap as £14.99 and you get 40 free channels!!!
  • MINANTRA
    Options
    You can get Sky package (s) for £19 + £11 BT line rental (£30), BUT, its not all the channels, only 4 of the basic 'mix' TV channels (NOT the movies and sports ones), its also very basic internet at 2Mb line speed and only 2gb usage allowance, or £26 + £11 BT line rental (£37) only 6 of the basic 'mix' TV channels (NOT the movies and sports ones), internet at 8Mb line speed and 40gb usage allowance.
    It all adds up and gets expensive the more you want.
  • harveybobbles
    Options
    I've got a freeview box, so it's looking in favour of 02 at the minute...........
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure