"Official" Thread for all of us waiting for a cladding report...

Comments

• I think it is better to product transfer than remortgage. Your existing lender already carries the risk and isn't increasing the risk. You will struggle to change lender
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • mhuk01
    mhuk01 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Problem for me is that it is a 'remortgage' but of an unencumbered property.
  • I am afraid then that it is highly unlikely at the moment you will get finance.

I know of one lender who says they will do it up to 60% loan to value.

Rates are 6-7% though.

If you are in desperate need then that is an option and then when this mess is sorted refinance to the high street.

Everyone else is currently no if the block is above 6 stories or 18m tall unless the relevant fire reports have been done.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
    You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • MikeHu
    MikeHu Posts: 11 Forumite
    First Post
    Hi all - you need to write to Esther McVey MP & Robert Jenrick MP.

I have already done this as our block is in a similar situation, albeit managing agent have appointed a company to do the tests - but it will take some time.

As Ministers Of State for Housing, it’s these two who need to withdraw or amend Advice Note 14 which is what is causing the issues. Once further guidance is provided for AN14, it will give surveyors the confidence to sign off on buildings without risking their PI Insurance.
  • mhuk01
    mhuk01 Posts: 121 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    MikeHu wrote: »
    Hi all - you need to write to Esther McVey MP & Robert Jenrick MP.

I have already done this as our block is in a similar situation, albeit managing agent have appointed a company to do the tests - but it will take some time.

As Ministers Of State for Housing, it’s these two who need to withdraw or amend Advice Note 14 which is what is causing the issues. Once further guidance is provided for AN14, it will give surveyors the confidence to sign off on buildings without risking their PI Insurance.

I've emailed them. Just a heads up for anyone else wanting to email, you need to use the form https://forms.communities.gov.uk/
  • Hi,

I just wanted to say I have also been bitten by this.

I'm in Scotland.
    I had found the ideal flat for me, read the home report but didn't think this would be an issue (just some paperwork to get) so I put in an offer on PurpleBricks (on the condition my mortgage would be approved with regards to the cladding). Contacted my lender (Halifax) who told me they wouldn't likely lend on it if there was full value retention on the home report. So I had to withdraw my offer just as the closing date was announced,

thoroughly gutted.
  • Anneth
    Anneth Posts: 7 Forumite
    If the building is 5 storeys or under then are the banks still asking for the reports? I am shocked that nothing is being done about this in such a delicate economy, every effort should be made to encourage buying and selling!!
  • I have got one through recently 5 stories or under. It is slightly pot luck but better odds.
    I am a Mortgage Adviser
  • Anneth
    Anneth Posts: 7 Forumite
    Little confused. Who will be filling this certificate out? If the banks have questioned whether the flat has unsuitable cladding during the valuation then how will this certificate counteract that? Will they still require some of proof that the building conforms to what they initially requested. :huh:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback