Forum Home» Consumer Rights

Overcharged in pharmacy

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Overcharged in pharmacy

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
16 replies 2K views
ch8826ch8826 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hello!
I'd like to get your advice about something that happened to me today when I went to a pharmacy travel clinic to get my third dose of an immunization.
I was charged 195£ which I payed with my debit card (and I have the receipt), but when I went home and double-checked on the travel clinic website (I know, I should have double-checkd earlier, while I was still at the place!) I found out I had been overcharged by 30£, because the actual price of the vaccine I had received was 165£. I checked the receipts for the previous two doses (which I had had months earlier) and they were both for 165£.
It was already past closing time for the pharmacy when I realized that I had been overcharged, so I had no way to get in touch with them (in the end I sent an SMS to the pharmacist, but she hasn't replied yet). What's even more annoying, I've got my flight tomorrow in the early morning and I won't be back for two months, so I'm in a really difficult situation.
Do you know what could be done to solve this problem and get a refund for the 30£ overcharging?
Another potential problem is, the only receipt they gave me is the one for the debit card, not the one from the till, so it only states the amount payed, but it doesn't specify what was the payment for. Although, I have their recording and signature of the vaccine they administered on my vaccination booklet. I don't know if that counts as proof.
Do you have any suggestion?

Replies