Opodo - Worst service EVER!

Worst Travel Agent I have EVER booked with.

I booked a flight via Opodo for TUI flights. TUI refunded the cost of the flights but the refund was made to Opodo who have refused to refund me even after over 15 calls and 6 hours on the phone to their numerous useless ‘customer service’ representatives. Each person says a completely different thing. I was told to send an email to show proof that TUI had refunded the flights to Opodo. Once I done that, they said they didn’t receive the email. Once they FINALLY confirmed they received the email, they told me I would have to wait until they contact TUI to confirm this.

Any excuse to avoid paying me back! Opodo is by FAR, the WORST company I have ever dealt with. Rude ‘customer service’ representatives (based in India) who have limited training and will try every trick in the book to avoid paying back customers - I will be going through my bank to obtain my refund via the Chargeback scheme!!!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Comments

• Are the obligated to refund you? What is the reason for the cancellation?
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    They are one of the most complained about 3rd party sites. Next time book direct from the airline or at least check up on the agent you are using beefore handing over your money.
  • Well yes, TUI has provided me a full refund for my flights. However the refund has gone to Opodo's main 'Account' in order for them to then refund me.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,539 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Adam_2019 wrote: »
    Once they FINALLY confirmed they received the email, they told me I would have to wait until they contact TUI to confirm this.

what are the timelines?
  • 10 days apparently, why on earth would a refund take 10 days to be processed! Its ridiculous!! TUI has already given them the refund and I have sent them proof that the refund has been made to them. They are simply the worst company ever!! Any excuse to avoid paying out.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!
  • Why were you refunded in the first place. Was your flight cancelled?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure