PPI store cards Santander advice

Options
2»

Comments

• topoftherock
    Options
    Hi guys,
    I have recently received a letter from Santander which basically says the same i.e your complaint against SCUKL will be assessed under general legal principles (including time-bar) whereas the FCA's dispute resolution "DISP" rules apply to you complaint against the insurer.

Moreover, it goes on to say "for your complaint against the Insurer (but not your complaint against SCUKL), you can choose to go to: The Financial Ombudsman Service.

My questions are
    1) Why can't I go to the FOS to complain against SCUKL/Satander Cards UK Limited?
    2) If Santander rejects my complaint, then will I have to say to the FOS; something along the lines of "My complaint is against AXA France IARD & AXA France VIE, but Santander ARE ACTING ON THEIR BEHALF"?
    3) Can I get a SAR from AXA France IARD & AXA France VIE in relation to the PPI on my Currys/Dixons account? (Santander have already said there was ppi on my Currys/Dixons account. Moreover, I have already sent a SAR to Currys/Dixons Carphone but they are saying they don't have any info on this account, and I'm still awaiting SAR info from Santander. Therefore, Which company should I send the SAR to in order to get info on my account/PPI info?

Thanks for reading and I hope someone can help :)
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You can send a SAR to everyone but if it’s a new company who haven’t been previously informed that you wanted to make a complaint about a product they’re liable for it’ll be time barred
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • topoftherock
    Options
    brettcta wrote: »
    You can send a SAR to everyone but if it’s a new company who haven’t been previously informed that you wanted to make a complaint about a product they’re liable for it’ll be time barred

Hi Brettcta, thanks for the reply. In my case, how can I be time-barred if I complained to Santander (who are handling complains on behalf of the insurer) before the deadline?
  • topsy73
    topsy73 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wanted to bump this...I eventually received a payment offer from Santander for my PPI payments on my Evans card taken out in Oct 1996...all accepted and returned...£947 hopefully in my account soon x
    Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to comp I go!
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    topsy73 said:
    Wanted to bump this...I eventually received a payment offer from Santander for my PPI payments on my Evans card taken out in Oct 1996...all accepted and returned...£947 hopefully in my account soon x
    Can you tell others on here what you did to get Santander to pay you.

As others have said Santander have told the people trying to claim PPI had nothing to do with Santander and go to the other companies named in topoftherock's post.
  • topsy73
    topsy73 Posts: 794 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Boohoo said:
    Can you tell others on here what you did to get Santander to pay you.

As others have said Santander have told the people trying to claim PPI had nothing to do with Santander and go to the other companies named in topoftherock's post.
    I did a ppi run about 8 yrs ago through claims guys and got quite a bit back then from other companies...I forgot about the store card and also thought it was time barred...about 18 months ago my mum went through allay for a burtons/dorothy perkins card and got around 1400 back...so when the deadline was approaching last July I thought I would go through the procedure myself without CMC, unsure if I had any PPI although I vaguely remember being rushed into signing something in the store when the card was being 'sold' to me- -this was oct 96....roll on 2020 and a bit of chasing as I had a letter in oct stating they did not think they owed me anything...throughout the period of the card I was either in employment which provided 6 months full and 6 months part time if sick or I was a student...I received my offer last saturday...I had chased them again about 3 weeks ago and was still getting told the same message as November which was it was still being processed and they could not give me any idea when it would be decided...if I was unhappy they advised me to contact FOS...I did...but they did not intervene at this point...hope that helps..hope you are successful x 
    Hi Ho Hi Ho it's of to comp I go!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport