Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Caravan mobile internet advice appreciated

edited 29 August 2019 at 8:00PM in Broadband & Internet Access
6 replies 834 views
LHC1962LHC1962 Forumite
9 Posts
edited 29 August 2019 at 8:00PM in Broadband & Internet Access
Hello

We have home broadband with Sky and have had for years. Quite happy with price and service with no extras.

We have business mobile contract with EE which gives me 5mb data each month which I rarely use when at home.

We go away on holiday for around a month a year in the UK in our caravan, and up until recently we have used the caravan club broadband which is abysmal. It costs just over ten quid a week to use, for one device only.

This holiday, I’ve used my phone to tether my iPad and been able to browse eBay and Facebook, check emails etc.
I’d like to be able to use the internet as I do at home - ie, iPlayer, you tube etc but know how much this eats data. I’ve used up most of my 5mb data allowance with light usage over the last week.

I’ve researched 3 mobile with a Huawei router which I could get for 9.99 a month for 20 mb (no roll over) on a twelve month contract...but don’t want this as I only need it for around a month a year and am already paying for home broadband with Sky.

I’m looking for advice on the best money saving option for me and would appreciate help or advice! Would I be best with a mobile router and contract or should I simply purchase more data from EE as and when I need it on my business mobile phone contract?

Many thanks

Replies

This discussion has been closed.