Comments

• atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Congratulations on the new home! 
  • Cyclistdreams
    Options
    Payslips for March have been uploaded, total extra payment from OT for this month is £1191.08. That was a total of 70:15 hours, and we also got paid some incentives for working certain days which helped bring in some extra. 

We also got paid an extra £150 for working from home - i guess it's to go towards the cost of electric, gas etc due to working at home so that'll help. 

It's been quite an expensive month really. Had to pay out for a stag do hotel booking, wedding clothing (for my sisters wedding), £200 wedding gift contribution, bought some furniture for the house, few plants for the garden so after totting everything up i'm left with less than i thought I'd have spare! 

I borrowed 5.5k from my mum back in Nov last year to pay for the car i bought as i was too impatient to wait for my OT money to come in, so i've got £1k left to pay her back. Was hoping to clear that this month but i'll be a little short and i don't want to take money out my emergency fund to pay it off, so i'll just clear the rest next month. 

Going to split out my wage as follows - 

Bills - £1170
    Mum loan repayment - £830 (take remaining owed to £170)
    Cash Savings - £315 (including £43 mortgage overpayment)
    Investments - £300
    Fuel - £100
    General day to day spending/fun - £159

Also got word that we're getting a further backpayment to cover years between 2016-2019 in regards to overtime whilst on annual leave, so hoping that will be about 1.5k or so as i picked up a lot of OT during that time. Whatever i get will be a bonus as i wasn't expecting it! 

Next month is going to be just as expensive i think, stag weekend being the main culprit. Also wanting to change the front garden slightly too, add a box hedge etc so that'll eat into some of the pennies. Got 7 OT shifts booked in to cover it though! 

Next doors has gone on the market today, offers of £170,000 and upwards. Be interested to see how much it goes for, considering I bought this house for £155,000 last Feb so if it's gone up £15k in the year that's pretty tidy! 
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    That's a lot of O/T and you've put it to good use.
    Shop around for the box as prices vary so much between nurseries / garden centres. 
    Hope you've had a virtual nose at the property, to see how it compares with what you have and appreciate yours is better!
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Cyclistdreams
    Options
    Absolutely no idea how I've managed to do this, but somehow miscalculated on my spreadsheet and had an extra £455 when I'd finished shuffling money around... Hoping i haven't forgotten something important lol. Anyhow, managed to pay my mum back in full and saved the remaining £155 into a random holding pot - maybe use it to pay for the stag do... 

Box bought and planted - Spent 3 hours digging and replacing compost/soil etc yesterday morning in the lovely sunshine, was out at 5am this morning in sunrise to plant it all before work lol. Didn't know how expensive it was until i was at the nursery... £140.40 later, 36 of the little beauties made the trip home with me. Our lass covered half so was only £70 each - much more manageable. 

Also this week is the first week i've not had an alcoholic drink after work each day. It was costing a fortune in booze, so chuffed with myself I've gone Mon-Thurs without anything. Celebratory tipple tonight to welcome the weekend i think haha (even though im working all weekend, boo)
  • MovingForwards
    MovingForwards Posts: 16,930 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Congratulations, sometimes there is just an extra zero or hundred added when preparing the spreadsheet, resulting in a magic find. May e it's the lack of booze which has created the positive balance!

Give the boxes water in the morning and some in the evenings if it's hot, that way they'll settle in without issue.
    Mortgage started 2020, aiming to clear it in 2026.
  • Cyclistdreams
    Options
    Congratulations, sometimes there is just an extra zero or hundred added when preparing the spreadsheet, resulting in a magic find. May e it's the lack of booze which has created the positive balance!

Give the boxes water in the morning and some in the evenings if it's hot, that way they'll settle in without issue.
    Never drank before covid, then started in lockdown... Ah well, all in moderation etc! 

Fab, will take your advice on the box - don't want all that money going to waste! 
  • Skint_yet_Again
    Options
    Hope the extra is not something you have forgotten. Well done on cutting back on the drinking. Good for your health and your wealth 😁
    0% credit card £1360 & 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE 🤗
    House sale OCT 2022 = NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗
    House purchase completed FEB 2023 🥳🍾 Left work. 🤗

Retired at 55 & now living off the equity £10k a year (until pensions start at 60 & 67).

Previous Savings diary https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5597938/get-a-grip/p1

Living off savings diary
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6429003/escape-to-the-country-living-off-savings/p1
  • Cyclistdreams
    Cyclistdreams Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 26 March 2022 at 1:47PM
    Options
    Hope the extra is not something you have forgotten. Well done on cutting back on the drinking. Good for your health and your wealth 😁
    Really don't know where I went wrong calculating it... Been racking my mind but can't figure it out. Ah well, head in the sand until it becomes a problem  :D

And thank you, made it even nicer last night having not had anything all week!
  • atrixa
    atrixa Posts: 549 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

Never drank before covid, then started in lockdown... Ah well, all in moderation etc! 

Fab, will take your advice on the box - don't want all that money going to waste! 
    I took up a rather expensive craft beer interest in lockdown 1, lol. I mainly keep to a spirit and light mixer nowadays! Well done on the progress :)
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done on housey and finding extra money. Bless you for all your hard work in the NHS during Covid. You all saved lives and are heroes. Thank you.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure