IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Debt recovery - too late to fight?

Options
Having never received a parking ticket before I am a bit stuck and need some advice :(

2 months ago I received 2 parking tickets from the same private company, the second ticket I am ignoring since the company I work for own the land and have the contract with the parking enforcement company, they have said they will speak to them about cancelling the ticket (since I am able to park there)

The first ticket was issued by the same company but for another area. This area I park at regularly (since its a parade of shops near a building I visit regularly for work) I have parked there for months with no issue until one day I received a notice through the post (nothing was left on my windscreen etc.)

Apparently I had parked on a restricted area at the shops, I had never seen a sign or any indication that some of the parking at the site was restricted so I emailed and filled out the challenge your ticket form on the enforcement companies website. The reply I got was a picture of a tiny sign which was placed on top of one of the shops store name signs, however this only mentions there is some enforcement in the area, I know for a fact some of the parking spaces are not restricted and there is no way to tell which areas are restricted or not on the site.

After this I didn't pay the fine, and thought it was the end (even though they disagreed with my challenge of the fine)

I have now received a notice that the fine has been sent to a debt recovery agency - its their clients final offer to settle the ticket before taking it further.

Is it too late now to still challenge the ticket, should I just pay it to avoid being taken to court?

TIA

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Having never received a parking ticket before I am a bit stuck and need some advice
    Which is why the NEWBIES FAQS thread exists. Loads of people are like you and post #4 of the NEWBIES thread begs for no threads about tedious debt letters stage (because we are too busy).

Please read post #4 of the sticky thread, no need for further advice.

Come back if you get to court stage.

Which PPC is it? No need to ask about the acronyms either - see post #5 of the sticky.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Get pics of the site and signage.

Complain to the landowner.

Complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.

Thoroughly read the relevant parts of the sticky thread for NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business