New Post Advanced Search

Debt recovery - too late to fight?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
2 replies 146 views
RBizzRBizz Forumite
28 posts
Second Anniversary 10 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Having never received a parking ticket before I am a bit stuck and need some advice :(

2 months ago I received 2 parking tickets from the same private company, the second ticket I am ignoring since the company I work for own the land and have the contract with the parking enforcement company, they have said they will speak to them about cancelling the ticket (since I am able to park there)

The first ticket was issued by the same company but for another area. This area I park at regularly (since its a parade of shops near a building I visit regularly for work) I have parked there for months with no issue until one day I received a notice through the post (nothing was left on my windscreen etc.)

Apparently I had parked on a restricted area at the shops, I had never seen a sign or any indication that some of the parking at the site was restricted so I emailed and filled out the challenge your ticket form on the enforcement companies website. The reply I got was a picture of a tiny sign which was placed on top of one of the shops store name signs, however this only mentions there is some enforcement in the area, I know for a fact some of the parking spaces are not restricted and there is no way to tell which areas are restricted or not on the site.

After this I didn't pay the fine, and thought it was the end (even though they disagreed with my challenge of the fine)

I have now received a notice that the fine has been sent to a debt recovery agency - its their clients final offer to settle the ticket before taking it further.

Is it too late now to still challenge the ticket, should I just pay it to avoid being taken to court?

TIA

Replies

• Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Having never received a parking ticket before I am a bit stuck and need some advice
    Which is why the NEWBIES FAQS thread exists. Loads of people are like you and post #4 of the NEWBIES thread begs for no threads about tedious debt letters stage (because we are too busy).

Please read post #4 of the sticky thread, no need for further advice.

Come back if you get to court stage.

Which PPC is it? No need to ask about the acronyms either - see post #5 of the sticky.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    49K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get pics of the site and signage.

Complain to the landowner.

Complain to your MP about this unregulated scam.

Thoroughly read the relevant parts of the sticky thread for NEWBIES.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks