J. Lewis car seat faulty - want me to take it in?

13»

Comments

• Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,571
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    You missed one important part of the post you replied to:

This happens with a few companies.
    They charge you for the replacement but then refund when they receive the faulty item back.
    By doing it this way, they don't have to wait until they receive the faulty goods before sending out a replacement so the consumer gets a new item far sooner.

Yes the same happened to me with JL with a faulty Fitbit, I sent photos, they agreed to replace, ordered a new one which was charged to my card and as soon as they received the faulty one I was refunded.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • I’m not the one drip feeding info
  • If in the same post that you stated the shop didn’t have seats for sale you had mentioned that you’d been told they did, my response would have been different
  • theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    buel10 wrote: »
    I’m not stupid - we did check with customer services who assured us that they did.

No one called you stupid, then.

In view of your tone I'm out.
  • Can I ask why in your original post, one of you couldn’t have stayed home while the other did the trip?
  • Because then they wouldnt have been able to make such a drama out of the situation
  • rach_k
    rach_k Posts: 2,234
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Not sure if you've sorted it by now, but if you haven't I'd try contacting the manufacturer. Yes, it's JL you have the contract with but they don't have the expertise the manufacturer does. I've had a couple of problems with car seats in the past and the manufacturer has always emailed me simple solutions that a shop wouldn't have known about. Always worth checking before returning the seat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure