Forum Home» Consumer Rights

J. Lewis car seat faulty - want me to take it in? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

J. Lewis car seat faulty - want me to take it in?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
27 replies 1.5K views

Replies

• Ms_ChocaholicMs_Chocaholic Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is your baby due a new seat soon? Could you return it, hopefully for an exchange, sell the brand new one and use the proceeds to buy the next size up.
    :j Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till The End :j

You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • dollywopsdollywops Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I had an issue with my Joie 360. The straps kept getting twisted and it was really difficult to untwist them. I contacted John Lewis and they offered to replace the car seat. All I had to do was take the new one out of the box when it was delivered and then put the faulty one back in the box. I was charged for the replacement car seat (fair enough). JL arranged collection of the faulty car seat and as soon as they received it back, they refunded me.
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    8.3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taking it to a store would probably be a quicker resolution.

Posting it means you will be without a car seat for a while. How would you manage without a seat of you cannot manage without one to go to a store

However, you do have options

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/technology/1408331/return-a-product-to-john-lewis

How to return your product

You have a few options for returning products dependent on whether you purchased in store or online.

If your item was purchased in store, you can return it to any John Lewis & Partners store (excluding Heathrow) to sort your refund or exchange.

If purchased online, you have a few more options. You can return your item at any John Lewis & Partners store, or you can arrange for your item to be collected from your home through myHermes with pre-paid postage stickers you can print off. You’re also able to use Collect+ and Royal Mail to send back your item, but this does require going to one of their own shop locations to send your product off. Finally, as an online customer you have the option to return your product to a Waitrose & Partners store.
  • buel10buel10 Forumite
    354 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thanks for this. We are now at the store, an hour away....and they don’t sell car seats!!
  • theonlywayisuptheonlywayisup Forumite
    14.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buel10 wrote: »
    Thanks for this. We are now at the store, an hour away....and they don’t sell car seats!!

It would have been prudent to have checked before you went.
  • ToxicWombleToxicWomble Forumite
    428 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Don’t want to do or think anything for themselves and wants to blame someone else all the time - seems to be the typical response nowadays
    Take some ownership and responsibility yourself
  • Lip_StickLip_Stick Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    dollywops wrote: »
    I had an issue with my Joie 360. The straps kept getting twisted and it was really difficult to untwist them. I contacted John Lewis and they offered to replace the car seat. All I had to do was take the new one out of the box when it was delivered and then put the faulty one back in the box. I was charged for the replacement car seat (fair enough). JL arranged collection of the faulty car seat and as soon as they received it back, they refunded me.

I'm a bit confused about the bit on bold. You were made to pay for a replacement car seat when the old one became faulty?
    There's a storm coming, Cameron. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • shaun_from_Africashaun_from_Africa Forumite
    12.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused about the bit on bold. You were made to pay for a replacement car seat when the old one became faulty?

You missed one important part of the post you replied to:
    dollywops wrote: »
    I was charged for the replacement car seat (fair enough). JL arranged collection of the faulty car seat and as soon as they received it back, they refunded me.
    This happens with a few companies.
    They charge you for the replacement but then refund when they receive the faulty item back.
    By doing it this way, they don't have to wait until they receive the faulty goods before sending out a replacement so the consumer gets a new item far sooner.
  • buel10buel10 Forumite
    354 posts
    ✭✭
    It would have been prudent to have checked before you went.

I’m not stupid - we did check with customer services who assured us that they did.
  • buel10buel10 Forumite
    354 posts
    ✭✭
    Don’t want to do or think anything for themselves and wants to blame someone else all the time - seems to be the typical response nowadays
    Take some ownership and responsibility yourself

Assumption is the mother of all f**k ups, you silly sod. Don’t assume, and see my post above.
    People like you give this forum a bad name. No wonder they put the reminder on here to be civil and not judge. That’s to people like you!!