19" DVD combi with 2 or more HDMI sockets?

There are lots of cheap DVD combi sets out there, but they all seem to have only one HDMI port. Does anyone sell a model with 2 or more ports?

Comments

• Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,275
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    I think it's due to limited space in a small TV. Would a HDMI splitter box not be enough
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Comstock
    Comstock Posts: 322 Forumite
    If there is no other option I'll have to go with the splitter box, just seeing if there are any other options....
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,275
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    It's definitely space for ports, jump to 24 inch and they have 2 hdmi
    I'm a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Shopping and Freebies, Phones and TV and Over 50s boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing . All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Comstock
    That is also something I might have to consider. But I wish they'd remove the SCART (who uses that these days?) and give us 2 HDMIs instead....
  • Inner_Zone
    Inner_Zone Posts: 2,853 Forumite
    Browntoa wrote: »
    I think it's due to limited space in a small TV. Would a HDMI splitter box not be enough

Splitter would not work, OP would require a switch.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,811
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Comstock wrote: »
    That is also something I might have to consider. But I wish they'd remove the SCART (who uses that these days?) and give us 2 HDMIs instead....

There is an aversion for some reason to provide copious HDMI ports, sometimes you're doing well if you have three. And yet Blu-Ray/DVD, Sky boxes, computers, Fire Sticks, Rokus/Now TV, Raspberry Pi's all use HDMI... HDMI switches are the way to go until the TV needs replacing.

As to SCART connections - copious video players still use them, external Freeview boxes, possibly older Sky boxes and no doubt some other stuff - just because you don't use it doesn't mean others are the same.
  • Comstock
    I agree about older Sky boxes. But you wouldn't need a Freeview box with a new TV.

I doubt many people still have video players , although I kept mine for ages to play my VHS tapes I finally gave up about 5 years ago.
  • Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,811
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    There are probably no end of other devices that use SCART, I just listed a few common ones. And I still have a video player as do my parents and siblings, except my parents TV doesn't have a SCART input and so their video uses the old RF tuner output which the TV takes as an analogue input.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,090
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Here you go Cello TV
  • Neil_Jones wrote: »

As to SCART connections - copious video players still use them, external Freeview boxes, possibly older Sky boxes and no doubt some other stuff - just because you don't use it doesn't mean others are the same.
    SCART connections will soon be a thing of the past- just because you still use "copious" old tech doesn't mean others are the same :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure