🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

SVS Securities - shut down?

Options

Comments

• olderbutnowiser
    olderbutnowiser Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 6 December 2019 at 11:47AM
    Options
    Anyone any ideas who the new the short listed candidates might be? It would be good to find out the preferred candidate before much longer so that we can begin to feel that we are approaching getting back to normality.

I expect that we may never find out but it would also be interesting to know how much they are paying for each account.
  • manted
    manted Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Is it possible they are waiting to announce so that we all don't go and start creating accounts with the same brokers,
    if they announce and we create an account beforehand, would the brokers still pay the "introduction fee" to the administrators ?
  • manorhouse
    Options
    Just opened my letters very helpful man when i rang clients will pay nothing towards cost .
    Do not worry if you live outside UK appears they have large china group even an option to read in that language.
    Id expect nothing else from UK ( not like china where company's i invested in example JQW just delisted and vanished )
    It was sad we had all that scaremongering at the beginning of all this.
    No need for it .
  • juliamarsh
    Options
    How long do they usually take to respond to emails? I emailed them a week ago but not yet received a reply - is it time to chase or should I leave it a little longer?
  • lulu999
    lulu999 Posts: 84 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    juliamarsh wrote: »
    How long do they usually take to respond to emails? I emailed them a week ago but not yet received a reply - is it time to chase or should I leave it a little longer?

Similar to an earlier post, I emailled asking for a statement of dividends paid for my holdings since 5th August. Email sent of an evening, reply received 9:30am the following morning.
  • pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    juliamarsh wrote: »
    The only time I've ever asked LC a specific question, I sent my email at 11:44 and received a reply with the data which answered my question at 12:03 - nineteen minutes!

If you asked a question which required a lot of research or perhaps required consultation with management, then it'll take longer. But you should have received at least an acknowledgement by now.
  • Emperor2014
    Options
    Other than submitting a claim for our assets on the portal, is there anything else we should be doing right now?

Were there any creditors forms that we should have filled out after the creditors committee was established? Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything
  • snipkin
    snipkin Posts: 75 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Message on Leonard Curtis SVS web page:

CLIENT UPDATE: Clients who have not yet received their unique access code for the Client Portal should contact the joint special administrators on +44 (0)20 3457 4871 or svs [at] leonardcurtis.co.uk
  • Ravima
    Ravima Posts: 48 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Arrived in Ireland today!
  • ascension92
    Options
    Danie5 wrote: »
    I also got a letter from Winterflood Securities regarding an unsettled trade and I am also a non resident. I have no extra funds to throw into this dustbin, so what now?
    samuzza wrote: »
    The letter I received states that the LSE collected the details of all unsettled trades from LC/SVS and then passed the relevant information to Winterflood.
    I have now cleared my unsettled trade, had to pay again but my client account on the portal appears to have been credited with cost of the original trade ( 1 Aug 19) received my shares in certificated form and even received the dividend they had accrued. Personally I thought LSE were brilliant, didn't matter how many times I rang to CONFIRM I was not being scammed they were sympathetic and understanding helped every time, Jefferies were the same BRILLIANT.
    Hope all in the same boat fare as well, I had my reservations at times but It turned out OK. IF IN DOUBT SPEAK WITH LSE. All the best.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure