SVS Securities - shut down?

Options

Comments

• johnburman
    Options
    Care here. The ISIN code is the share but not the Exchange I. E. Is it u GBP share on the LSE or is it the one quoted in the US in dollars,?
  • My2penneth
    Options
    FairDinkum mentioned a name change

" but on the same statement (6th April 2018) in the summary of holdings at the end, the name of the stock has changed although the ticker is correct"

The name change is the concern.... at least with the ISIN listed in the LC report they can check the holding is actually CSP1.
  • My2penneth
    Options
    I had a quick look at my iShares holdings (see above) which contain a mix of underlying currencies.
    (IAPD = US dollar, IDVY = euro, IUKD = Sterling). The values quoted on the LC emails for these shares are "about right".
  • Eastneuk
    Options
    Does anyone plan to put themselves forward to sit on the Creditors’ Committee? Will LC be recommending anyone?

Thanks.
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,468 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 30 September 2019 at 6:14PM
    Options
    Eastneuk wrote: »
    Does anyone plan to put themselves forward to sit on the Creditors’ Committee? Will LC be recommending anyone?
    The Creditors' Committee is supposed to represent investor and creditor interests and hold LC to account, so it would not be appropriate for LC to make any recommendations. Though the most important duty of the Creditors' Committee is the approval of the admininistrators' fees.

LC will collect the names of those wishing to serve on the committee and (in the likely event more than 5 people come forward) will put the decision out to the general body of creditors and investors by ballot, likely weighted by the size of each individual's investment/creditor claim.

It would probably be helpful to those active in this thread if someone here got on the committee. (I'm a former SVS investor so won't be putting myself forward)
  • Neil72
    Options
    Hi

Is anyone else still waiting for their confirmation statement. I am missing my non isa holdings and my wife hasn't received anything. Getting concerned now as I thought we were supposed to hear by the 30th
  • desertorchid123
    Options
    Still waiting for my ISA statement.
  • Eastneuk
    Eastneuk Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would be happy to put myself forward for the Creditors Committee.. I had roughly £550,000 split between 2 ISA’s and a personal account. I worked in the financial sector for many years and have now retired.
  • olderbutnowiser
    Options
    I would be happy to put myself forward for the Creditors Committee.. I had roughly £550,000 split between 2 ISA’s and a personal account. I worked in the financial sector for many years and have now retired.

You sound ideal for the job Eastneuk. It would be good to know we had someone on the committee who had a good deal of skin in the game and who would be pushing for the transfer of our portfolios asap. I live 200 miles from London which makes it rather inconvenient to attend.
  • ascension92
    Options
    Thank you Eastneuk I would be more than happy for someone with your background to be on the committee, but I cannot see how we can vote for you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback