SVS Securities - shut down?

Options

Comments

• Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,668 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    FairDinkum wrote: »
    I presume that I have to wait until web access is restored before I can signal this problem.

I don't seem the harm in contacting SVS/ LC now to ask them to investigate your concern.
  • My2penneth
    Options
    What was the ETF?
    It's 'strange' that the value is "50%" of what you think it should be.
  • FairDinkum
    Options
    The line in the trades statement is

05-FEB-18 [275970974] BOUGHT 53 I SHS CORE S&P 500 @ 187.3335 07-FEB-18 9936.63
    The line in the summary on the same statement (6th April) is
    ISHARES VII PLC [CSP1] 53CR 7,133.80CR
    The statement from LC shows value 5620.12 so £106 per share
    checking back to the purchase date on the Stock exchange site using CSP1 ticker confirms I paid the right price. THe smae site shows the prices I have been monitoring. The SVS April 2019 statement shows £106!!
    For the avoidance of doubt about my sanity or whether I am confusing 2 holdings, I only have one holding of 53 shares and only one iShares holding.

data source is the London Stock Exchange site lookup CSP1 select it and the ineractive chart

I'm not able to post the link here - club rules!

Thanks.
  • My2penneth
    Options
    Your 53 CSP1 shares should be worth circa £12.7k. The price you paid looks about right for the time you bought at.

If you were in a position to sell at this moment ( not saying you'd want to), you should be able to sell for £12.7 k minus costs.

Worth checking with LC. though.
  • johnburman
    Options
    Yes same with me. Incorrect values with ETFs. Could it be the fact they are dollar denominated has anything to do with it? Also all mine were LSE quoted but on the LS statements they are various exchanges could be mentioned. It's all disconcerting

You must check the LC statements carefully!
  • FairDinkum
    Options
    Thanks. I've sent them an email today. Not sure they're taking much notice of them though.
    I was intending to liquidate all my SVS holdings this tax year anyway. Our main investments are with a wealth management company and this was intended to a bit of fun but as you can tell, I don't pay it enugh attention. As soon as I get accesss to the cash, it will join my other investments.

If I get the right value from this holding, it's done quite well though!
  • My2penneth
    Options
    On my statements they wrote the number of shares and an IE number (IE00B14X4T88 = code for iShares Asia Pacific). The info I had from LC didn't say what my holdings actually were ..they were just "x" iShares shares .

Try cutting and pasting the number they quote for your 53 shares into google to confirm that they are CSP1 shares.

Edit . Just checked it looks like IE00B5BMR087 = CSP1
  • FairDinkum
    Options
    My email evoked a response which even indicates they might have read it so I just have to wait for the 'portal' to open - sounds like time travel is on the cards....

email received ...

Thank you for your email.

The client statements issued by the Joint Special Administrators are a guide only and you will have an opportunity to raise any disputes to your holdings through the client portal in due course.

Kind regards,

Carl
  • johnburman
    Options
    CSP1 is USA S&P 500 etf. Not Asia and Pacific

Care with the identification of ETFs.
  • My2penneth
    My2penneth Posts: 807 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 September 2019 at 2:49PM
    Options
    johnburman wrote: »
    CSP1 is USA S&P 500 etf. Not Asia and Pacific

Care with the identification of ETFs.

What I'm suggesting is to check the code that is on the LC statement as it simply says 'iShares" and a code.

I have listed the code for CSP1 to save the OP having to look it up for themselves! )

(ISIN code).

I own shares in IUKD, IDVY & IAPD..they are all just referred to as iShares , a quantity owned and the ISIN code. From the LC email, one wouldn't know what shares one owned unless one checked the code.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback