🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

SVS Securities - shut down?

Options

Comments

• johnburman
    Options
    Is the consensus to vote FOR the proposals?

Is there any reason to vote against or not vote at all?
  • My2penneth
    Options
    Update:

I've now had the details from LC on all 4 accounts (2 in my name and 2 in the wife's).

All 4 accounts agree 100% with my records in terms of share holdings.
  • Eastneuk
    Options
    Likewise. All 3 accounts agree. One of my (larger) shareholdings was under a scheme of arrangement which closed a week after SVS was shut down. In the statement no value has been given to the number of shares I was holding. Their covering letter notes that funds received as a result of corporate actions "continue to be held on trust on your behalf by the Administrators" so I hope this is the case although it does put a serious dent in the overall value of my holdings!
  • desertorchid123
    Options
    Anyone else still waiting? Not yet received details of my ISA account
  • My2penneth
    Options
    Voting

Although we haven't hear what the proposals are from LC - the amount of money they take from the accounts will be reviewed and scrutinised by the FCA before any FSCS is applied. Looking at Beaufort Securities .PwC ended up with roughly 10% (hence my "musings" above).

I have nowhere near 850k in my account so any "loss" as a result of paying for LC's services is not going to exceed the compensation limits.

Overall then, I will very likely be voting to accept LC's proposals, hoping that one of the 11 candidates is appointed to takeover the clients accounts.

For the average shareholder (with assets of less than £850k...why would one not accept?)
  • My2penneth
    Options
    Desertorchid....I spoke to LC on the phone yesterday - they simply said that there's 21000 accounts to deal with and they have to break the work down into batches.

Did you get a letter for each of your accounts.? .if so then they know you have the accounts and I guess it'll be just a matter of time til you receive the info.
  • My2penneth
    Options
    I note that there were dividends from Vodafone and British Land due on August 2nd 2019 . These look to have been correctly accounted for in the cash balance information received from LC.
  • grandadpaul
    Options
    Since all investments seem to match our records, why was SVS shut down?
  • My2penneth
    Options
    Since all investments seem to match our records, why was SVS shut down?

There has been discussion on this already on earlier postings. Here's a snippet from CityWire

"The company was closed by Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) over ‘repeated serious breaches’ at the beginning of last month.The regulator later said it ‘had serious concerns over the integrity of certain SVS directors’, with the firm appearing to have invested pensioner client funds in high-risk companies in return for disguised payments."

And in the FT

https://www.ftadviser.com/your-industry/2019/09/13/failed-wealth-manager-circled-by-100-firms/
  • manted
    manted Posts: 126 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Going by the comments on the forum so far, everyone on the XO side of things have their positions in line with what they would expect.
    If that's the case - is there any need for LC to engage 3rd parties to verify the records as they seem to suggest in the letters.
    Would it not be better to get forensic analysis done only when any discrepancies discovered ? I would imagine people will shout when the portal is up & if they find any gaps.
    What I am after is the 1st Objective they have mentioned - ensuring return of assets as quickly as possible . If there's no complications on the Xo side, maybe they could save costs and time for all involved.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure