We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

SVS Securities - shut down?

Options

Comments

• Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    leonde said:
    I've just noticed the X-O website says:
    "You can invest in a wide range of products including UK listed shares, Gilts, Bonds, Exchange Traded Funds and Investment Trusts. Please note that you cannot buy or hold overseas shares or unit trusts in an X-O account"

iWeb seems to allow trading in foreign stocks. But being unable to is not an absolute dealbreaker for me.
    Foreign shares listed on the LSE can be traded through x-o. As examples I hold the following directly Microsoft (US), Roche (CH), Orsted (DK),  Koninklijke DSM (NL) and Total (FR). In essence all major stocks. 
  • Alexland
    Alexland Posts: 9,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 20 May 2020 at 7:37PM
    Options
    If you email the Jarvis X-O customer services people with the list of shares you wish to transfer and/or trade they should be able to confirm if it will be possible. Of the many platforms we have held accounts with they are one of the best for replying to messages quickly and efficiently.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Alexland said:
    If you email the Jarvis X-O customer services people with the list of shares you wish to transfer and/or trade they should be able to confirm if it will be possible. Of the many platforms we have held accounts with they are one of the best for replying to messages quickly and efficiently.
    You can obtain the stock code from the London Stock Exchange website. 
  • dales1
    dales1 Posts: 233 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Last month I had in mind a particular ETF. But the Jarvis site did not show it available.
    I emailed them, and within an hour I could buy it - what a great response !
    That's really good service !

• Alexland
    edited 21 May 2020 at 1:53PM
    Options
    dales1 said:
    Last month I had in mind a particular ETF. But the Jarvis site did not show it available.
    I emailed them, and within an hour I could buy it - what a great response !
    That is impressive, it took Halifax Share Dealing who operate iWeb around 3 months to add an investment for me.
  • manorhouse
    manorhouse Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    It would be great if this new Broker had the sense to follow jarvis lead and have different types of accounts .
    And match the Jarvis ox platform , to retain us  .
    I posted i got the pets ( Taken shares ) back on my birthday for same price , got over three times as many today for 197p .
    Maybe i would of waited if i had not read the posts on here suggesting i would of bought in Dec 2019 .
    How those posters came to that conclusion i do not know .
    Sorry for not finding time to go back through these pages masonic as you requested and find those references i am just so busy of late . ( my memory might be wrong )
    I have not had time to go through the L.C e-mail as its a palaver to get in with the pass words which are buried under some pile , since using several months ago . 
    What was the worry's about interactive brokers some months back , was it the USA protection and not covered by uk protection ?

• pafpcg
    pafpcg Posts: 889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have not had time to go through the L.C e-mail as its a palaver to get in with the pass words which are buried under some pile , since using several months ago . 
    I was in the same situation, so I used the "Forgotten Password" option and it was easy to set-up a new password to access the Client Portal.  All you need is the email address you used - I assume it'll be the address used by LC to send you the latest update email.
  • My2penneth
    My2penneth Posts: 807 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The wife and I have 4 accounts (2 ISA's and 2 trading accounts). I downloaded the statement dated 18th May 2020 from the portal.  I ticked off the dividends listed for each of the 4 accounts.

All seems to be in order (*)  except for dividends from the (few) ETFS which we hold. They do not appear to have been paid. 
    The ETFs in question are iShares and SSGA...both registered in Ireland. I have asked the administrators to investigate.   
    All other dividends seem to have been "captured" and are listed fully (company name, dividend rate, pay date, amount).

(* I keep a spreadsheet of dividends that I was expecting).
  • Alexland
    edited 24 May 2020 at 12:42AM
    Options
    leonde said:
    Am I correct in saying that iWeb have now removed their notice about pausing transfers-in?
    I can't see it on their website and it was prominent before.
  • manorhouse
    manorhouse Posts: 149 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 24 May 2020 at 9:23AM
    Options
    This is interesting news from one of the brokers we are considering .
    More so as i read the day before they stated big inflow of new funds which of course boosted share price .

AJ Bell PLC - Senior managers and directors sell 1.7 million shares at 448.64 pence, worth GBP7.6 million on Thursday. Fergus Lyons, managing director of AJ Bell Investcentre, sells 1.3 million shares. Associate Caroline Anne Lyons sells 25,000. CFO Michael Summersgill and Lucy Summersgill sell 425,000 shares. Non-Executive Director Simon Turner sells 10,000. Fergus Lyons remains interested in 17.5 million shares, a 4.3% stake. Michael Sumersgill still has 1.5 million share and Turner 269,142. The director sales came as Numis Securities Ltd on Friday confirmed that Invesco Asset Management Ltd had sold 31.0 million shares in the stockbroker and wealth manager at 400p each for a total of GBP123.9 million. The Invesco sale was conducted by way of an accelerated bookbuild - launched Thursday - in which Numis acted as sole bookrunner. Following completion of the sale of the 7.6% stake, Invesco will hold just 1.3 million shares in AJ Bell, a 0.3% holding.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure