IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Ultimate Parking Solutions / Pay my PCN Parking Solutions and London Parking Solutions

Options
Hi All,

I would like some help and advice on my parking problem, I have read the newbies thread which has helped a lot, I have read the blue links following on from them also which have helped, and are all currently open on my tabs.

My situation: I moved into a new flat, which does not have parking allocated, however behind the flats are garages and concrete, which used to be for parking for the residents. So when I moved in, the estate agents advised it should be fine to park - Mistake 1 by me, as they are now going back on that, which I have no proof of.

I moved in on the 8th of May, shortly after, I recieved two Parking Charge notices from London Parking Solutions, for the 8th May and 9th May. £120, or £60 if you pay it within 14 days. I appealed right away, because I felt them unfair. I used a template from the MSE main site to write the appeal. As you probably guessed, the appeal was rejected. They sent the rejection via email, which I never recieved. The next I heard from them was through UCS, who have sent me a letter collecting a debt of £160 for each PCN. I called them - mistake 2, to dispute this and to advise the debt is still in contention and I want to be able to appeal to the IAS (as the 21 days had elapsed). They were adamant, this was not going to happen. I then called LPS to see if they would be accomodating, and again they were not. Surprisingly a day later, I got a call from PCN Parking Solutions (who apparently sit in the same office as UCS) according to London Parking Solutions, to say they will allow me to appeal to the IAS on both PCNs. However I will need to pay the £15 each as its a non-standard appeal.

Reading through the forums - firstly it leads me to the conclusion that appealing to the IAS is a waste of time as they mostly reject appeals, althought I read one appeal which was approved. Secondly the advice is to not pay the £15. However further reading suggested to appeal to the IAS even though you most like will get a rejection but because it costs the PPC.

I don't know how to attach my initial appeal (same for both) so I have copied and pasted:

"You issued me with a parking ticket on 08/05/2019 but I believe it was unfairly issued. I will not be paying your demand for payment for the following reasons:
· There is insufficient signage
The car park in question has no clear signage to explain what the relevant parking restrictions are. This means no contract can be formed with the landowner and all tickets are issued illegally. Please see attached evidence, which shows there is no signage when entering the car park, the pictures also show there are no marked bays or lines in the car park to indicate “the confines of a marked bay”, there is also no signage to state that the grounds which are behind Queens Court do not form part of the property of Queens Court and is private land, as this land is used for walking on by the residents, it also gives access to the residents gardens and the estate agents did not mention parking is forbidden in the parking area. The signage does not specify where is restricted and therefore as someone who has just moved into the property on the 8th May 2019 when I received this ticket, would not come to the conclusion, parking in front of or having access to the garages is prohibited. The vehicle as per your images was parked on the opposite side of the garages and therefore not causing obstruction or any access issues. I have gathered images as proof.

· Mitigating circumstances
There are mitigating circumstances to explain why the vehicle was parked where it was, I moved into the property on the 8th May 2019, my tenancy agreement and the headlease provided does not state parking is prohibited and the land which is labelled as “Additional parking spaces” in the headlease is not for parking. The vehicle was parked to allow ease of access to and from the property whilst unpacking and moving. Had sufficient signage and restrictions been in place, the vehicle would not have been parked on the land.

Due to the reasons mentioned above I believe the charge should be waived.

If you choose to pursue me please be aware that I will not enter into any correspondence and this will be the only letter you will receive from me until you answer the specific points raised in my letter."[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

So my dilemma is, do I appeal? Can I get around the £15? Do I just leave the whole thing and see what happens? I dont think I have accepted that I was the driver? However I am not the most intelligent so, I may already have made many mistakes.

Never the less - the situation - The garages and concrete area behind the flats are owned by a private company. The company is called Dudrich Holdings, and there are signs which say no parking. However, all signs are against the garages, there are no bays marked on the concrete, no entrance signs to say private parking, the top of the signs are higher the 6". Again I don't know how to attach images to show you the signs for assistance. Whether this makes a difference or not I don't know.

Anyways, this is the first time, this has ever happened so I would be grateful for some advice and direction. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    No

Waste of your money

And their inevitable rejection just gives the PPC another point or two to use against you!
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    Nine times out of ten these tickets are scams so complain to your MP.

Parliament is well aware of the MO of these private parking companies, and on 15th March 2019 a Bill was enacted to curb the excesses of these shysters. Codes of Practice are being drawn up, an independent appeals service will be set up, and access to the DVLA's date base more rigorously policed, persistent offenders denied access to the DVLA database and unable to operate.

Hopefully life will become impossible for the worst of these scammers, but until this is done you should still complain to your MP, citing the new legislation.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/8/contents/enacted

Just as the clampers were finally closed down, so hopefully will many of these Private Parking Companies.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Gurutrish
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, should I send the request to DVLA regarding releasing my information?

Would it be a good idea to send a SAR to the London Parking Solutions company?

The UCS keep calling me every day asking for the debt to be paid, should I send them a letter to ask them to stop this or ill class it as harrassment?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,661 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 1 August 2019 at 2:28PM
    Options
    Are you really considering paying the IAS £15 for their 'extra special appeal'?

Think again.

Read their terms that you have to agree to when paying your £15.00.

One of them states that you, the motorist, agrees to be bound to the IAS appeal decision. That means that when you lose, not if you lose, you are legally obliged to pay the parking charge.

Paying £15.00 for that privilege doesn't look like a good idea to me.

But this isn't new information. In post #3 of the NEWBIES thread it says:
    DO NOT, REPEAT DO NOT PAY £15 FOR THE 'BINDING' IAS VERSION!
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Don't engage with debt collectors

Can't you block them from ringing you?
  • ed_schools
    Options
    dont engage with them. ignore them totally . they will obtain your address through DVLA so before anything else when you immediately get a ticket contact DVLA and tell them not to divulge your details . In one of the many threatening letters they will send you if its too late you will see they quote how they obtained your details .
    I received an email from them and didn't know how on earth they knew my email address and then my mobile phone number and this is how they got it.Finally there is obviously something very sinister going on here as everyones ticket seems to be issued after 11 or 12 minutes which means immediately after the 10 minutes grace period . I have had people tell me they have had a ticket issued whilst putting shopping in the boot of the car and also people whose car door and windows open and have walked over to have a photo by the river and never even seen the attendant or indeed have run around looking for him immediately after and cannot find him anywhere in a big wide open car park in Windsor .
    This is all very devious and sinister . dont pay they will go away I promise
  • Gurutrish
    Options
    Thank you all for your replies.

So far since my original post, I have not engaged with the IAS and not paid any money for an appeal.

I have not called or contacted the parking company or the debt company.

I am still getting texts from them telling me that the debts are under legal review and to contact them.

I haven't sent a letter to DVLA or my MP (Yet) nor a SAR to the parking company.

I will contact the DVLA.

Shall I contact the MP? Send a SAR to the parking company? Tell the debt company via letter to stop texting or it'll class as harassment?

Thank you.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,811 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Shall I contact the MP? Send a SAR to the parking company? Tell the debt company via letter to stop texting or it'll class as harassment?
    Yes, tell the debt collector wasters to only write to you by mail and that you will report them to the ICO if they continue to text this number as 'the phone is used by a child'.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Gurutrish
    Options
    I have recieved another 2 letters from the Debt Collection agency, Ultimate Customer Solutions on behalf of their client London Parking Solutions LTD stating "PENDING LEGAL ACTION", which based on the information I've read since May, I will continue to ignore.

Two questions I have:

1) Please could I have direction / link with template with regards to writing a letter to the MP to complain about this as I am a bit naive to writing to persons in authorititive positions?
    2) How do I find out the land owner, without paying for the title information? I have contacted the managing agents but they stated they don't have that information. They just advised that the land behind the flats was sold and what was once additional parking is now managed by Dudrich Holdings.

Thanks
  • IsItRainingAgain
    Options
    Hi Gurutrish, 
    What was the final result? I am in a similar situation to yourself with the same companies.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback