We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Blackberry question
Sorry if this one's been done to death - I'm a newbie here.
I want to use a Blackberry on pay-as-you-go to check emails, make and receive calls and nothing else. Was told by a Vodafone employee that I could do this, with my balance debited once a week to cover the service charge. So I bought a 6-month old handset and then found out that was duff info.
Anyone know of a service provider that will support this? In the Channel Islands there's a division of Cable & Wireless that do this for £2.50 a week and your balance is also debited by how much info you download. Surely the rest of mainland UK should have the same sort of service?
My previous credit history would prevent me from getting a contract (discharged bankrupt) so PAYG is my only option. Or is it?
Any help would be gratefully received!
I want to use a Blackberry on pay-as-you-go to check emails, make and receive calls and nothing else. Was told by a Vodafone employee that I could do this, with my balance debited once a week to cover the service charge. So I bought a 6-month old handset and then found out that was duff info.
Anyone know of a service provider that will support this? In the Channel Islands there's a division of Cable & Wireless that do this for £2.50 a week and your balance is also debited by how much info you download. Surely the rest of mainland UK should have the same sort of service?
My previous credit history would prevent me from getting a contract (discharged bankrupt) so PAYG is my only option. Or is it?
Any help would be gratefully received!
0
Comments
-
As far as I am aware none of the UK providers provide BlackBerry data on PAYG

Robert0 -
0
-
I believe that is a Pay As You Use data bolt on for customers that already have a Pay Monthly voice tariff?
Robert0 -
Personally I'm always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught - Sir Winston Churchill0
-
Mike_by_the_Sea wrote: »
Channel Islands only though?
Orange do an Internet and E-mail only tariff for BlackBerry which is £11.75 a month, but is subject to contract.0 -
For information on what Vodafone offer with Blackberry you can check the Vodafone Website.
On here you can check the information on the different types/options with Blackberry and the costs for these services.0 -
Thanks for your replies but I'm still drawing a blank here. It's frustrating that this is a possibility in Guernsey or the Isle of Man but not mainland UK.
Does anyone want to buy a nice Blackberry? Looks like I won't be needing it...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards