Mac Filtering on Virgin Superhub 3

Options
Hi, in need of some plain and basic advise on Mac filtering please. I have a Virgin Superhub 3 that I should be able to filter Mac addresses and put time limits on them. Apparently the Superhub 3 has lots of bugs and not be able to do this.
I basically want to block x y and z addresses from accessing the internet at certain times. However when I set this up it just blocks everyone’s access. So I have read on various sources that I can switch the hub to modem mode and buy another router for it to connect to and I would be able to do the time limit filtering.

Thing is, I haven’t got much spare cash to throw at this, so what would be the cheapest router that would allow me to do this easily. Or is there another alternative altogether?

Much appreciation of any help.
TopCashback £1792.63
My Little World

Comments

• datostar
    datostar Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Can I suggest you have a look on Amazon for cable routers searching on 'price low to high', then check on specifications, questions and reviews for any that look interesting? There is a vast amount of information on there. I use a TP-Link Archer C3200 Tri-Band Gigabit Router with a Virgin Hub 3 which would certainly do what you want but it wasn't cheap and there will certainly be suitable cheaper models. Make sure it's a cable router because the types for such as BT connections won't be any use.
  • Jono111
    Jono111 Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I cant remember which way round but try
    Only put the addresses you want to allow after a certain time in the list
    Or
    Only put the addresses you want to deny after a certain time in the list

I think it is the first one.
    You need to add each rule and then apply the changes and then the hub restarts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure