IVA not registered on insolvency register

Options
Hello everyone!

I entered into an IVA last October, and have been paying regularly and in time since. I recently looked at my credit files which showed defaults on accounts included in the IVA, but with the defaults starting as recently as February this year (obviously these should have been before or on the IVA start month at the latest to knock off the credit file I'm 6 years). This prompted me to do a bit more searching, and a thread said my credit file should also show I'm in an IVA on public records, but all three credit reference agencies were missing this as well. So I checked the insolvency register and me and my wife aren't on it! I contacted the insolvency practitioner and they said I should be and not to worry, but when they searched they also said they couldn't find it but will look into it. I was informed that we would be shown on the insolvency register within two weeks of the accepted IVA date. It's now been 9 months and my concern is we are paying money regularly to a company that haven't fulfilled their duty in my eyes as creditors are still placing new defaults on the credit files. Does anyone have any idea on how to tackle this? If the insolvency practitioner should be taking this seriously and getting this sorted asap? I just don't know where I stand and quite frankly worri d we are paying into something which might not make a difference as it stands.

Thanks in advance
Boob

Comments

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 21 July 2019 at 3:08PM
    Options
    Strange, I think you need to make a formal written complaint to your IP, they then have 8 weeks to issue a final responce to you.

If you remain unhappy, you can make a formal complaint about your IP here :

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insolvency-practitioner

It dosent matter about new defaults just now, at the end of your arrangement all defaults should be showing as the date of your IVA or earlier, if they are not, then you go via the complaints route.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • mwarby
    mwarby Posts: 2,048 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Also in my experience (having had an IVA) the defaults get added regardless, some companies add them quicker than others, as sourcrates says you need to dispute these with lender once IVA is completed.

Also note the lender can only default a debt once, the credit reference agency websites just report the last reported status each time the lender sends an update.

I'm not saying not being on the register is right, but the issue your seeing with defaults is likely unrelated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure