IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP! County Court letter received, VCS - deadline is 28/7

Options

Comments

• D335071
    D335071 Posts: 33 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    A WS without mentioning or attaching the Caernarfon VCS judgment is like bread without butter. Search the forum.

You need to say why and attach Schedule 4 as an exhibit, with the relevant parts highlighted.

Was it a red card saying 'this is not a parking charge'? Then don't say it was one! Or, was it a white PCN on the windscreen, but the NTK failed to use 8(2)f wording about keeper liability?

I wasn't aware of the Caernarfon Case but I have explained why and referenced the POFA within the WS and skeleton argument. I have attached the POFA as an exhibit.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I wasn't aware of the Caernarfon one but will take a copy with me.
    No, email it to the Court & C as well, so they can't say they didn't have it. Ambushing with something on the day is not allowed and thy could ask the Judge not to allow you to even mention it.

The point is all about not dding a fake £60 that they KNOW is unrecoverable, due to Beavis.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    D335071 wrote: »
    Any other advice for a complete novice at County Court proceedings gratefully received. Is it like Magistrates / Crown or completely different?
    Have a look at this short video:
  • D335071
    edited 22 October 2019 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    No, email it to the Court & C as well, so they can't say they didn't have it. Ambushing with something on the day is not allowed and thy could ask the Judge not to allow you to even mention it.

The point is all about not dding a fake £60 that they KNOW is unrecoverable, due to Beavis.

Thanks. @Coupon-mad, i will email it to them now. If I have got my understanding of the Caernarfon case jusdgement - this is about the adding on of extra charges on top of the original cost? So in my case was "£100 discounted to £60 within 14 days" - is that correct? I can't find the case when I have searched, only a picture of the judgement.

I shall email it off as and ask it to be added as a further reference in the bundle.
  • D335071
    Options
    UPDATE - IT HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED

Ok so here is the update. I submitted everything by post to the claimant VCS Ltd. I took a lovely red bound file with everything neatly laid out, with a contents page, my defence, WS and argument, a costs schedule, a list of exhibits and all the exhibits, plus a schedule of case law and relevant Codes of practice etc...

And today i got a letter from VCS Ltd that informs me that "Please find enclosed a notice of discontinuance regarding this claim; we can confirm that a copy has been served to the court."

I have checked with the County Court and this is confirmed. The matter is closed and dropped and the judge will never look at it.

Firstly - THANK YOU to everyone that has offered me advice and support. I appreciated all of it even when it made me go back and do it all again to get it right. It has clearly made a difference.

Secondly, whilst I am glad that I don't have to go to court (phew!) - I am left a bit angry at this company. This matter has been dropped as they simply felt that they would not win. I have stressed a bit about this (mainly as the family has worried about possible outcomes) and whilst I haven't done huge amounts of work on it, I have had to do some. I guess if I hadn't done the work then I might have lost at court but it does just show how these companies do not care one jot about what is right and are just preying on people so they pay out of fear.

I will console myself with a letter to my MP to explain this to him.

Lastly, can someone advise me. Is that it? Is it now dead and buried? I will keep the file i have put together safely just in case but is it really over?

Thank you all for your help. I will always be grateful for the help that has been provided. Keep doing what you do. it makes a difference.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Well done

Another one bites the dust due to the advice given on here and VCS chickening out
  • Jomot
    Jomot Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Well done! I've been following with interest as I'm in a similar situation with the same set of crooks - not the driver, non-POFA NtK, far fewer signs than claimed, plus various other similarities - you'd almost think they do it on purpose just to rake in the cash.....

I agree its so wrong that they can simply walk away, so I've counter-claimed. Makes it highly unlikely I'll get to avoid court, but your discontinuance renews my belief that I've done the right thing. You beat them, enjoy it!
  • D335071
    Options
    Jomot wrote: »
    Well done! I've been following with interest as I'm in a similar situation with the same set of crooks - not the driver, non-POFA NtK, far fewer signs than claimed, plus various other similarities - you'd almost think they do it on purpose just to rake in the cash.....

I agree its so wrong that they can simply walk away, so I've counter-claimed. Makes it highly unlikely I'll get to avoid court, but your discontinuance renews my belief that I've done the right thing. You beat them, enjoy it!

I have thought about it but the bulk of my costs would be the missed day if I attended court and so I am happy it is over. Plus I have learned LOADS which means I can help support others. Who knew revising stated cases could be so interesting!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yay, you won, well done!

ANOTHER VCS ONE BITES THE DUST!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Snakes_Belly
    Snakes_Belly Posts: 3,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    edited 30 October 2019 at 6:00AM
    Options
    Well done.

Another of these historic VCS claims bites the dust. Should give the other posters defending these historic VCS claims a boost. I was of the thought that if these claims were of any merit that they would have chased them more quickly.

Nolite te bast--des carborundorum.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport