Eon - renewal RIP OFF

travellerboy
travellerboy Posts: 797 Forumite
My fixed contract was just coming to an end and Eon informed me that the cheapest renewal tariff was in My Account online, just click and thats that.

Went to ComparetheMarket.com and Eon cheapest tariff was 26% cheap with them saving me £436 annually. Phoned Eon to get expanation and was told IT's for New Customers only.

Their Customer Service Rep. was incorrect - anyone can get the rate with ComparetheMarket.com. Eon just trying to RIP OFF their Customers - be aware.

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Which one ?? LPG or Heating Oil .
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    My fixed contract was just coming to an end and Eon informed me that the cheapest renewal tariff was in My Account online, just click and thats that.

Went to ComparetheMarket.com and Eon cheapest tariff was 26% cheap with them saving me £436 annually. Phoned Eon to get expanation and was told IT's for New Customers only.

Their Customer Service Rep. was incorrect - anyone can get the rate with ComparetheMarket.com. Eon just trying to RIP OFF their Customers - be aware.

Hello travellerboy and I'm sorry our advisor gave you the wrong information.

I suspect the tariff you're talking about is either the Fixed 1 Year or 2 Year Collective Summer 2019. These both ended yesterday. You're right, these tariffs were available to both existing and new customers who had pre-registered with the broker site.

Sorry again you were given duff information travellerboy.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure