netflix charging twice.

Options
2»

Comments

• surgez
    surgez Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    This is an old thread but I had to contribute because the exact same thing happened to me. I noticed I'd been charged twice each month since January. When I contacted them they said the same thing - mistyped email (fmail instead of gmail) which had somehow then created a duplicate account with all my bank details. They refunded me immediately and closed the duplicate account but didn't explain how this was possible and ended the chat very quickly. I'm trying to take it further because this seems like a pretty big security concern. I just had to comment to tell you what your granddaughter said is very likely the truth despite what you've been told on here. There's obviously a glitch that netflix is not addressing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 12 May 2020 at 1:55PM
    Options
    surgez said: I'm trying to take it further because this seems like a pretty big security concern. 
    Not really. 

Type in the correct log-in details and you can't be overcharged.  

Anybody  else typing in the "wrong" details for your account would obviously  not  have access to your payment details. 

So what do you hope to achieve by taking this "further"?
  • simplejack
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. Netflix offered 6 months refund and closed my second account. Generous, given the circumstances. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback