New Post Advanced Search

Mobile phone Conract

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
8 replies 1.2K views
annajones31annajones31 Forumite
4 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Mobiles
Hi
I am currently with a company for 2 mobiles that I signed a 3 year contract as a review point and handset upgrade is offered at the 18 month point ( so I was made to believe to sign up!) which is now. Ordered two new handsets after signing an agreement which didn't arrive . Now told my credit has been declined so no new handsets can be sent . My monthly discount has now ended (as in the 20 paged small print I missed when signed up ) so my monthly bill for 2 handsets is now £180 a month for another 18 months . If i want t to cancel I can pay fees of over £6000 .
I have asked for evidence as to my credit has been declined but this is not available apparently ! Funnily enough never had any credit refused before . Totally stuck with this as apparently I agreed all this when i took contract out . I have put in an official complaint which has been reviewed . They say everything is as in my contract .

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    15.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a business use ??
    Its the sort of contract that is for business and dependant upon what you signed up to .
  • Yes small business said they would save me money on my previous supplier which they did initially . But now they are getting it all back and twice as much more and I can't get any new handsets. By the time I've finished paying off these monthly prices I could have bought new handsets outright twice over!
  • JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    15.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Busines depends upon the terms you signed up to .Business are supposed to be aware of what contracts they enter in to .

Credit Refused no company is obliged to offer credit .
    But do check your credit rating etc .
  • Yes my credit is on green traffic light low risk . I haven't been refused credit at all as far as I can see . They won't show me any evidence of it being declined. They are charging me for same service without giving me new handsets so I am effectively paying £200 a month for line rental texts /minutes where last 18 months its been half that paying off two phones
  • ExemplarExemplar Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    We see these business contracts all the time, whilst they are 'sharp' they are not unlawful. If the users do not upgrade within a specific time frame the offer is withdrawn.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
  • But I signed my new contract presumed the phones were on way when I rang to chase it was then I was told my credit was refused. I did everything my end to upgrade on time.
    Is there basically nothing I can do ?
  • ExemplarExemplar Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    But I signed my new contract presumed the phones were on way when I rang to chase it was then I was told my credit was refused. I did everything my end to upgrade on time.
    Is there basically nothing I can do ?

Presumed....

Sorry.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
  • mobilejunkiemobilejunkie Forumite
    8.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where a crtedit check is relevant. You are buying the airtime usually, not the phone. If it's an "upgrade" (hate that purely sales term) it's a new (replacement) contract, otherwise the credit check seems to be irrelevant on a current contract (though in practice they are supplying a new phone, which is also unusual on normal (consumer) contracts.

You have to get hold of and read the t&c. Whatever we may say or think - or you - whatever is in them rules your options, if any.