Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

How to URGENTLY reclaim PPI for a deceased relative

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Martin's Blogs & Appearances & MoneySavingExpert in the News
23 replies 26.1K views
13»

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    NCC-1701 wrote: »
    Does Plevin apply?
    In order for Plevin to apply the deceased person's finance needs to have still been current in 2008, not prior to that.
  • I’m sorry if this sounds daft but I need some clarification.

My deceased parents had a mortgage with the Nationwide. I have only just discovered that I could make a claim. If I call the Nationwide and tell them I wish too make a claim but need to obtain the necessary paperwork (will and probate held at solicitors, need. to locate death certificates) does this constitute an initial complaint or do I need to be in possession of the paperwork which could very well mean I miss the deadline date?
  • delphi2delphi2 Forumite
    2 Posts
    Sixth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Just got two cheques back for late wife had to provide death certificate and statement 6000!  Pounds thanks to Martin lewies