New Post Advanced Search

Vehicle control services - court claim - first letter ever

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
18 replies 806 views
kiasportage2014kiasportage2014 Forumite
5 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
Hi,

I have received a letter from VCS about a parking charge from 2016, I vaguely remember getting this parking charge, i no longer have the vehicle and the scheme has changed where i got the parking charge, now it has a full car park with anpr and pay and display, prior (when i got the charge) it was free parking, i actually parked on the roadside for 2 mins picked up my son from football and had a charge on my window, i ignored it.

Now three years down the line I have received a county court claim letter, this is the first correspondence I have had about this whole incident, I have never heard about it or been contacted in all that time from VCS, where do I stand please, they are asking for £160 plus £25 court costs.

Thanks

Replies

• Big_BoiBig_Boi Forumite
    65 posts
    Read the NEWBIES thread as all the answers to your question are contained within it.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    29.5K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is the ISSUE DATE on the top right of the claim form ?

email a SAR to the DPO at VCS to get all their docs , pics and data on you and this vehicle, asap
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    10.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to the NEWBIE sticky post # 2 and read what to upon receipt of a court claim. First thing to do is to submit a SAR, which should get you all the correspondence they have sent to you in the previous 3 years. Then you need to do the AoS on-line to buy yourself extra time to produce your defence. Then you need to read the rest of post # 2 about what happens and when and then go on to read some of the 17 defence examples you will find there.
  • dalew007dalew007 Forumite
    88 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    If you would like to know more about our Privacy Notice or wish to know what personal data we hold about you, then you will need to contact the Data Protection Officer as below:

By Email: [email protected]

This is the email address as i only wrote to them the other day requesting the same information as i have had the same letter land on my door step from a PCN in 2015.
  • Hi issue date of the claim is the 3rd July 2019, I have had a look on VCS website and can not see a privacy section, only a contact us section, is that where I submit my SAR?
  • Dale, what information did you request in the SAR? Thanks for the email address
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk Forumite
    10.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi issue date of the claim is the 3rd July 2019, I have had a look on VCS website and can not see a privacy section, only a contact us section, is that where I submit my SAR?
    Dale has now posted the e-mail address for you at exactly the same time you were posting!
  • Yes and I have responded with thanks and asked what the contents of his letter was for the SAR
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    9.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    You ask for all YOUR personal data, as youre told in the newbies thread.
    THis has all been asked before.
  • I understand you are all clued up on this and have seen it all before, but I have not, and it seems somewhat overwhelming where you receive a claim 3 years down the line, Please show a little more patience I am trying to read through the Newbies post at same time but to get a quick straight answer is not too much to ask.