We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Mobile number

Does anyone how to identify the UK mobile numbers. Eg. Is 079 is O2 or voda or T mobile/ 078 is ?

Comments

  • reehsetin
    reehsetin Posts: 4,915 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    not very well


    google icstis
    it will only tell you where the number originated from
    keep in mind people can move their numbers between networks
    e.g. my number still shows as being a 3 number even tho ive now moved it onto o2
    so if the numbers been ported from somewhere wont be correct
    Yes Your Dukeiness :D
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    I've been with o2 for 7 years, and i've had 077, numbers and 078. Not sure if there is a formula as such? I may be wrong though...
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • malamute
    malamute Posts: 710 Forumite
    http://mnnc.net/
    All UK mobile phone numbers now start with 07, but how can you find what network a particular number is on? To find out, enter a mobile phone number below and press Find Network. The results that are displayed show the original network that number was registered to. Results for people who have changed network providers but kept their old mobile number will be incorrect.
  • malamute wrote: »

    I tried with my own number and that page only tells me who the original supplier was - T mobile (or 121 as it was) - I'm with Virgin Mobile now (for 5 years - who use T mobile's network admittedly) and still have my original number 07958 xxxx.

    As providers can port numbers between networks (for free these days I think) I would be impossible to say every 07AA prefix is one supplier and 07BB is another.
  • mattogier wrote: »
    I tried with my own number and that page only tells me who the original supplier was - T mobile (or 121 as it was) - I'm with Virgin Mobile now (for 5 years - who use T mobile's network admittedly) and still have my original number 07958 xxxx.

    As providers can port numbers between networks (for free these days I think) I would be impossible to say every 07AA prefix is one supplier and 07BB is another.

    Just tried my other number 07758 xxx - on Virgin too - and that is showing as T mobile too!
  • lamb7994
    lamb7994 Posts: 535 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Combo Breaker
    my number starting: 07821 is O2 although i'm now on t-mobile as i ported a year ago.

    James
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.