Martin: 'I'm setting up a new £1 a month gym...'

edited 2 July 2019 at 3:44PM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
16 replies 27.9K views
MSE_Anthony_SMSE_Anthony_S MSE Staff
11 Posts
Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 2 July 2019 at 3:44PM in Sports and Fitness MoneySaving
I’ve had a great business idea. A brand new super-cheap gym chain. I’ve been inspired by the many people I meet, who admit they pay for their gym membership but never actually go, as one woman (who'll remain anonymous) said "paid £270 for a year's membership, went for one swim. Most expensive swim ever.”

Most do it out of good intentions. Cancelling would be admitting to themselves, that they've failed in their fitness quest. And I suppose it is a way of losing pounds, just not in the way most really want.

My proposed new £1/mth gym, combats this. It will be online only, very online, very very online. There will be no physical gyms, no equipment, I won’t even bother with streaming workout videos at home.

I’ll just charge £1 a month, and send a membership card. That way people get the same as they do now, but pay less for it.

Or… if you’re reading this and are a gym no-show, you could save me the hassle of setting this up, and either start using your gym, or stop paying for it, and put the cash to something that actually does you some good!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals