Change in Freeview channels

Options
A whole bunch seem to have changed numbers/stations (on all 3 TVs), eg Yesterday is now on 12. Do I need to retune ??

Comments

• glennevis
    glennevis Posts: 647 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Yes, changed a few days ago.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    https://www.freeview.co.uk/tvchanges

Put your postcode and house number in the above and it'll tell you if the channels have or are about to change.

To do a proper re-tune pull out the aerial from the Freeview box or TV and do a full manual re-tune. This will clear all channels from memory, then plug the cable back in and do it again. If you have elderly neighbours or family I'd check with them too.
  • Rodders53
    Rodders53 Posts: 2,187 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    A whole bunch seem to have changed numbers/stations (on all 3 TVs), eg Yesterday is now on 12. Do I need to retune ??
    If they've changed automatically then you have modern TVs that auto-manages channel numbering changes and may even (if enabled) auto-retune when needed. (Freeview HD models for sure).

So likely, no you don't need to retune. But you're unlikely to come to any harm if you do a full retune.

Most sets don't need the process advocated by Colin. Only really old SD-only models might.
  • wild666
    wild666 Posts: 2,126 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am LLF (legally Licence free) and the channels change occasionally but I use the TV for Netflix and radio so I re-tune just in case any radio stations have moved it always defaults to BBC 1 after a re-tune so I always set it back to the radio station I listen to football on.
    Someone please tell me what money is
  • castle96
    castle96 Posts: 2,894 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Did a retune and all Ok now. Doesn't seem to autoretune ! Samsung 4 yrs old. Why doesn't it tell you to retune
    thanks all for help
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,328 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    castle96 wrote: »
    Did a retune and all Ok now. Doesn't seem to autoretune ! Samsung 4 yrs old. Why doesn't it tell you to retune
    thanks all for help

I've not got same TV, but my Freeview has a pop up that says re tune, however if I don't the pop vanishes for ever. Maybe this happened & you never spotted it?
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure