Experian's been ignoring me for almost two months!

Options
Hello!
I need to apply for a credit instrument urgently. Everything looks right and updated on my credit reports for Equifax and Credit Karma.
However, Experian, exactly the agency the lender uses to search my Credit file, does not show anything updated and vital information is lacking.
Despite I have been asking them for a couple of months to correct/update this information they have remained motionless and unable to do anything by unfairly blaming the Electoral roll department of my council and my current lenders of not sending them this information.
However, Equifax and Credit Karma already received all this information and is correctly shown on my credit reports.
Experian is making me lose my temper! :mad::mad:
What can I do?
Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Contact your local council and lenders and ask them to update Experian?
  • jimbo26
    jimbo26 Posts: 954 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    CRAs only report what is sent to them. As Gar said this is a matter for your local council and not Experian.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Contacted both my council and my current lender ages ago and they replied saying they had sent those details to the three main credit agencies ages ago.
    That’s why Equifax and Credit Karma are fully updated.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Contacted both my council and my current lender ages ago and they replied saying they had sent those details to the three main credit agencies ages ago.
    So Experian is the only one doing a bad job here.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Contact them again then and say it's still not updated
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    jhon_83 wrote: »

The letters that your council and current lender sent you stating that they have sent the details to the credit agencies - you now need to write a letter to Experian outlining the above and include a copy of said letters and ask them again to update their records.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    I looked at this Experian noose recently and boo gar me I get of score of 999?

lol and behold it then advises credit cards. Then it rejects. Then it can go to the bottom of the garden with the fairies.

It’s a tool to market loans to you. Full stop!
  • gionnetto
    gionnetto Posts: 234 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    jhon_83 wrote: »
    Experian is making me lose my temper! :mad::mad:
    What can I do?
    Write to your electoral office, asking them to send a letter in the post confirming your enrolment in the ER. Next, scan then letter and send it to Experian via email, asking them to correct your information
    Your cholesterol levels are not seen, or used, by your heart and arteries, so ignore it.
    :eek:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport