Hermes

Used hermes for the first time. Paid extra for parcel to be collected but no one has appeared. Trying all afternoon to speak to someone to no avail. Their phone lines cut you off. Their chat on-line is sort of tick box and doesn't provide a correct answer - any answer.

I was told to drop it off at Bridge of Earn which is 200 miles away. I'm at the end of my tether. It's a disgrace.

I have phone so many different number sand not one is manned. It's like a riddle.

Comments

• theonlywayisup
    theonlywayisup Posts: 16,031 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Did you pay for a collection or a drop off?
  • choille
    choille Posts: 9,710 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Collection from my address to the buyers.
  • theonlywayisup
    Assuming you booked it before their cut off, it should have happened, but if after you should get a collection tomorrow.

You could try their twitter/facebook team or live chat to double check.
  • choille
    Assuming you booked it before their cut off, it should have happened, but if after you should get a collection tomorrow.

You could try their twitter/facebook team or live chat to double check.

I booked it last week. I've tried the live chat which I didn't get much/any reassurance from. It hasn't been collected & they haven't told me when it will be.
  • theonlywayisup
    choille wrote: »
    I booked it last week. I've tried the live chat which I didn't get much/any reassurance from. It hasn't been collected & they haven't told me when it will be.

Probably best to cancel and rebook then.
  • choille
    Probably best to cancel and rebook then.

Well - that doesn't make sense to me. I was supposed to post the item yesterday. It hasn't been picked up today so I am now to cancel it & rebook. That doesn't make sense.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Hello- I have helped another poster on here and this is what I do..

I have had problems with My Hermes in the past and my suggestion to you is to email the CEO Martijn.deLange@hermes-europe.co.uk and you will get a phone call within 24 hours.

I also email customer.relations@hermes-europe.co uk and Hermescustomerservices@hermes-europe.co.uk

What happens is that you will then get an email from the CEO office- ignore the pro forma ones that will come first.

You will then get a direct number to ring. Do quote the parcel number in your email.

I hope it works out for you. it pays to be persistent as you will get results.
  • choille
    I've actually used another company as the timescale was getting that I was going to get a black mark on my unblemished feedback.
    I've wasted hours an this.
    I've yet to reclaim what I paid to Hermes but will try & do that tomorrow.

Many thanks for your suggestions and the email addresses. I may still email them as it is so not good. It seems to be the modern way that so called customer service are treating customers.

Many thanks for your post.
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,619 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Ebay is a minefield sometimes and some sales go through swimmingly and yet some buyers are hell bent on being deliberately obtuse.

Yesterday a buyer messaged me to thank me for a wooden CD cube but she thought she was getting all 5 for £4.50 + postage of £3!
  • choille
    Yes, it can be. I had similar with something that I did wonder if they were trying it on. You have to jump through hoops sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure