Call from Magic Cash Vault!!!

Options

Comments

• cutey1983
    cutey1983 Posts: 274 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am sure they weren't laughing at you. I heard the exact same thing happen with another lady on Magic Radio a few days ago. She answered and unfortunately did not know the amount, so the presenter (Angie) hung up on her aswell. Savage!

What is even more interesting is that Angie announced around 16:45 yesterday that she was ready to make the call, despite having already made it. Strange xx
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,900 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 June 2019 at 3:02PM
    Options
    cutey1983 wrote: »

What is even more interesting is that Angie announced around 16:45 yesterday that she was ready to make the call, despite having already made it. Strange xx

It is rare for a call to be live in case they dial a wrong number, someone had left a wrong number when they entered or the person they call uses abusive/offensive language - prerecording removes the risk of any of this being broadcast and means they can slot the call into the show whenever it is convenient to do so.

(The call is recorded live but that recording does not have to be broadcast live and it rather spoils the flow of the show if they say here is a call I made earlier)
  • StrawberryGrace
    Options
    Big big hugs Carla! Fingers crossed for you for a big win soon
    :T Big thank you to all posters! :T
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    Oh God I'm so sorry, what a gut-wrencher!! I agree with other posters who say that it wasn't meant for you this time, but that there is something equally as amazing around the corner for you!
    My Nana would have said "what you never have, you never miss" but I don't suppose that is any consolation :( Hope you aren't feeling too bad. Sending hugs xxx
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    liamell wrote: »
    Maybe too busy laughing at me...I must have sounded a right mess :o

Just to add, I'm sure they wouldn't have been laughing at you. Over the various cash competitions on the radio, it often either isn't answered, or the person doesn't know the amount. You won't have been the first, and you certainly won't be the last! xxx
  • Bobble5366
    Bobble5366 Posts: 729 Forumite
    Options
    So so sorry, you won't be the first to have had this happen to, hope the kind thoughts from all of us will make you feel better. If karma comes around - so will your next big win fingers crossed and hugs to you. Don't dwell on what might have been, count your blessings of those you have around you, and good luck for the future.
  • EnglishWelshie
    EnglishWelshie Posts: 3,279 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry you missed out there's nothing worse for us compers than missing out on a big one.

If it's any consolation I missed out on a £7,000 win last year with magic as I missed the call when they were doing the one where you had to answer with More music magic. I was on the bus home from town and my phone was in my handbag so I missed the call but they left a recording of it on my voicemail. I have had a couple of really decent holiday wins with pringles and cadbury plus many smaller wins that more than made up for my disappointment. Hopefully the same will happen for you and you will get some really fab wins that will make up for it.

Wishing you lots of good luck.
  • cwhiskey45
    cwhiskey45 Posts: 41 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    oh I'm crushed for you!! Feel almost teary so hate to think how you must be feeling....keeping everything crossed something bigger and better comes your way xxx
  • kgmaximus
    kgmaximus Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bless you Carla. I was listening in my car that day too. Willing you to check your text messages on your phone as they send you a text with the daily amount too as a reminder (perhaps you only receive this if you have done a paid entry in the past?) Thank you for the tip about the withheld number, that’s really kind of you. If I am ever selected as the winner I’ll PayPal you £1,000 and here’s hoping you win big in the future �� xxx
    :A
  • cutey1983
    cutey1983 Posts: 274 Forumite
    Options
    kgmaximus wrote: »
    Bless you Carla. I was listening in my car that day too. Willing you to check your text messages on your phone as they send you a text with the daily amount too as a reminder (perhaps you only receive this if you have done a paid entry in the past?) Thank you for the tip about the withheld number, that’s really kind of you. If I am ever selected as the winner I’ll PayPal you £1,000 and here’s hoping you win big in the future �� xxx

Aww that is a very sweet gesture. The world needs more genuinely kind people like you, honestly!

Carla I second this, I will also Paypal you £1,000 if I am ever lucky enough to win.

Here's hoping :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport