Paying extortionate amount, not sure how to proceed

Options
1235»

Comments

• Noctover
    Noctover Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I must admit i wondered this also. I figured it would be on the whole time. Problem now is the sensor i put on covers that 100A LED because its so close to the other LED i need to put the sensor open so i cant keep track of it!
  • Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The meter display may also show a 1 or a 2 to indicate which rate it's currently using.

The mystery is whether the lower immersion heater is connected to the night rate output of the meter and how (or if) you're meant to have any time control of the water.
  • Noctover
    Noctover Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    What i'll do later is when the new meter reads very high useage (IE the heater is on) i'll immediatley make sure that the meter is using up night rate :).
  • Flt._Lt._Biggles
    Options
    Houbara wrote: »
    Firstly you have to get to grips with your actual Eco 7 cheap rate times.Do not believe the published times. They are only a guide and only to be relied on if you have a Radio Teleswitch timer control on the meter , or one of the newer Eco 7 smart meters
    Old analogue meters controlled by a 24 hr circular timer can have their cheap 7 hours coming on virtually anywhere within the 24 hrs.
    Digital meters with their built in clocks can have the time drifting up to 4 hrs out of synch.
    Observe closely how your meter works and track down the 7 hrs cheap rate start time.
    Also switch immediately to the lowest possible Eco 7 tariffs. Use Ukpower.co and make sure you know what your true cheap rate 7 hrs ratio to the day rate is. You won t be able to do that until you have narrowed down when your cheap rate starts.. Once you do that, then try and use the high usage appliances like showers, ironing etc in the cheap rate only.
    Suppliers all to often will transpose the day and night reads but in your case they probably have n`t done that
    Please note UK Power Limited ceased being a Confidence Code accredited site on 1 August 2017. This follows notice they gave to us in July 2017.
    https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/how-switch-energy-supplier-and-shop-better-deal/compare-gas-and-electricity-tariffs-ofgem-accredited-price-comparison-sites

It would seem that visitors to the UK Power website looking to compare energy suppliers/tariffs are now diverted to the Ofgem accredited comparsion site, uSwitch.

If you are going to use uSwitch, probably better to use the special MSE link in this MSE article,
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/utilities/you-switch-gas-electricity/

... and reward yopuself with a free 6 bottle case of wine for a successful switch through them.

Or use the alternative ofgem accredited site listed for possible cashback instead. :money:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure