Getting a loan to do fun stuff!?

Options
12346»

Comments

• chelseablue
    chelseablue Posts: 3,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Regarding Disney its actually better to wait until they are older and can go on everything, so you've got about 10 years to save up for it :)

While they're small how about Euro Disney in Paris?
    A man I work with has just booked to go there in December, £1,500 for him and his wife plus 2 children
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,627 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I took my 7 yo to EuroDisney. 10 years on all that she remembers is being scared silly by space mountain. The rest is simply forgotten.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Durban
    Durban Posts: 478 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Macc wrote: »

Never had a credit card and my mortgage is the only time I've ever borrowed money. I've built up decent equity in my house and in a rental property I own. Also own/run a small business that would prob a sell for a little bit when comes time to sell. On paper my net worth is OK and in 15 years or so me and my family (wife, 2 kids - 2 and 4) should be quite comfortable once mortgage is paid off and rental mortgage is paid off with rent coming in.

Why not put the BTL on interest only BTL mortgage instead of paying it off. Sounds like you already have good equity in it and this would free up a lot more monthly money for you. It's more tax efficient and inflation would have eaten away at that debt in 15 years.
  • onwards&upwards
    onwards&upwards Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Options
    MABLE wrote: »
    Thats the issue the OP cannot afford it hence the reason they need to borrow £25k.

Why is everybody missing/ignoring the fact that they have a year’s worth of bills in savings?
  • onwards&upwards
    onwards&upwards Posts: 3,423 Forumite
    Options
    Regarding Disney its actually better to wait until they are older and can go on everything, so you've got about 10 years to save up for it :)

While they're small how about Euro Disney in Paris?
    A man I work with has just booked to go there in December, £1,500 for him and his wife plus 2 children

Don’t bother, it’s crap compared to the Florida one, insanely expensive and terrible customer service/organisation. If you want to do Disney do it properly, if you want to go to Paris don’t go near Eurodisney!
  • Bitcoin
    Bitcoin Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Personally, I think it will feel much better to wait a bit until you have the money needed. Not using borrowed money feels so much better ;)
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Why is everybody missing/ignoring the fact that they have a year’s worth of bills in savings?
    You're right. Everyone is ignoring this. Even the OP!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure