Options
2»

Comments

• letiss7
    letiss7 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you all for the replies.

There seem to be many more options than I had considered so I'll give them a go this weekend starting with the simplest
    No. 5 in the 'Save 12k for 2021' thread.
    £4250/£12000
  • AndyPix
    AndyPix Posts: 4,847 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    letiss7 wrote: »
    I am hoping that the fact that the guests are connected to a different SSID and the devices I want to 'hide' are on another SSID means they won't be visible.

No it doesn't work like that
  • letiss7
    letiss7 Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you to all that replied.
    I attempted to setup a second SSID on the my Sky router and there is no option to do that as someone mentioned in one of the replies.
    I then tried to attach an old router I had and get that to work but due to my lack of knowledge and time I couldn't get that to work either.

However whilst looking at other options I found a away of restricting access to one of the devices as any new client wishing to use it has to be authorised by the admin, ie me. :)
    The other one they can access as a guest and only be able to view so I don't have a problem with that.
    No. 5 in the 'Save 12k for 2021' thread.
    £4250/£12000
  • rhysadams
    rhysadams Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've got a Draytek Router that I purchased off eBay. It allows me to have 4 different SSID's all with different settings.

eg. SSID 1 - We use this for all the main devices and has access to the internet, password

SSID 2 - Guest network, no access to network, unrestricted bandwidth, password

SSID 3 - Kids Network, has list of safe sites, restricted bandwidth and no access to network, password

SSID 4 - Guest Network, no access to network, restricted bandwidth, no password

The settings are immense! It has VPN availability and you can plug in a 4G modem to spread the bandwidth and increase the speed slightly.

Well worth the £50.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport