We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
O2 XDA 2i help
Hi there
Could someone please help me get my O2 XDA 2i back to working?
It was working fine untill I had a meeting reminder and low battery at the same time. I could not dismiss the meeting reminder and when I tried to charge the phone, I had lost the alignment of screen.
Basically, the touch screen is not working anymore and its coming up with screen alignment at the moment. However, it does not align no matter how many times you touch on the crosses across the screen.
It has crashed twice before but reinstalled itself when I connected it to mains. Does anyone know how to re-install the SW? I don't have any CD and last times it re-installed itself without any hassle...
I've also tried reset through the bottom-left side hole and ON/OFF at top (at the same time) but that does not help either...
Could anyone help?
Thanks so much in advance...
Could someone please help me get my O2 XDA 2i back to working?
It was working fine untill I had a meeting reminder and low battery at the same time. I could not dismiss the meeting reminder and when I tried to charge the phone, I had lost the alignment of screen.
Basically, the touch screen is not working anymore and its coming up with screen alignment at the moment. However, it does not align no matter how many times you touch on the crosses across the screen.
It has crashed twice before but reinstalled itself when I connected it to mains. Does anyone know how to re-install the SW? I don't have any CD and last times it re-installed itself without any hassle...
I've also tried reset through the bottom-left side hole and ON/OFF at top (at the same time) but that does not help either...
Could anyone help?
Thanks so much in advance...
0
Comments
-
Hi,
You might want to try a soft reset first to see if this would resolve the issue.
A soft reset is done by putting the stylus into the hole on the bottom left WITHOUT holding the power button down.
If this does not help then the next best thing would be to do a hard reset.
To hard reset your O2 XDA2 put the stylus into the hole on the bottom left of the device whilst holding down the power button on the top - this will delete all your personal data and any programs you have installed and reset the xda to the factory settings. (Back to how the Software was when you purchased the phone)
Hope that helps...0 -
simpleguy_blr, soft and/ or hard resets are not working at the moment. Everytime its giving me the alignment screen where I have to point at the location of cross across the screen but it never learns the position..
Its an endless loop and therefore, it cannot proceed from there...
What else could be done?0 -
Can anyone help? Would I've to discard my phone now?0
-
I don't know if you have already done this, but try removing the battery, leave it out for a few mins then put it back in and try again. Hope you manage to sort it out.0
-
If you cant get past the alignment screen, I feel you have a hardware problem, I dont think there is a way of bypassing the Aligment screen. I did some search on google, sorry to say the results dont look positive !!!
check the link below.
http://www.mtekk.com.au/Forums/tabid/56/view/topic/postid/77942/Default.aspx
In the link below, one guy points out this is a screen problem and requires replacing the LCD on the O2, and he has outlined how he got around this problem.... maybe worth giving a try, but does not sound easy.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.php/t-267801.html
HTH0 -
Hello all
I've got this problem with the digitiser on my old trusted O2 XDA 2i now. I cannot get past the alignment screen at the momemt.
Looks like I would have to disassemble it now and replace the digitiser.. Would a clean up help or should I try to completely replace the digitiser?
Any guide/ steps to disassemble the XDA 2i would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards